To my bipolar cohorts on this board....

Wanne

Actually I fear the Tigers not caring. I have a feeling they are going to be swinging for the fences on every AB. Danks has been leaving a lot of pitches up lately and that could spell disaster.

edit: whoops! Thought Danks was going today. So Floyd better keep the ball down.

Edited by G&T

I'm sad and angry for all the reasons so many have already posted, but this morning, I went back to my own preseason predictions, which said this was probably a .500 team, maybe a couple of games on either side, that would finish 3rd at best.

So here we are, needing to win 162 for a chance at winning the division in a playoff. And we've done it without our best player (Carlos Quentin) and best first 1/2 starter (Jose Contreras) for good portions of the second half.

I'll angst along with the rest of you when our season ends, unless it ends in a miraculous world championship. But when the dust settles, I have to say this season exceeded my expectations. I want to be faster, yes. I want our bullpen to be untouchable, yes. I want five dependable starters, yes. I want Konerko, Griffey, Thome and Dye to all be 27, yes. But this is baseball...for better or worse.

One more cool thing...wonder if it would be a first: if the White Sox get into the playoffs and win the first game at Tampa, they will have a four-game winning streak and each of the four wins will be against a different team. Where are the board statisticians? Ever been done before?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 01:40 AM)
Ya know...it's been a WRENCHING past couple of weeks. And regardless of what becomes of these last possible games I've understood every single one of everybody's f*** you's, you suck so and so, etc...and I've been right there with ya. But bottom line what I've come to realize tonight sitting rationally discussing tonights events with my lady...bottom line is we're ALL Sox fans and bleed black and silver and love this team no matter what we say in a fit of rage. So I guess this is my little shpeel that no matter what happens the next few days...just realize that this team is a REAL passion in your life. Good or bad...it's still a passion...and better than having none at all. Right now I hate this team. I say that knowing that deep down...I still love it. That's just us. We're bipolar. We're White Sox fans. We want the best. And if we flop the next day or two...we'll be right back up on that horse come spring training. I've really enjoyed the banter you dudes have provided this year!

Well said. What I'm wondering is, how excited I'm going to be if we do make the playoffs. I don't know that I can muster enough happiness, knowing that we don't stand a chance. Call me a bad fan, but this team, this month, has shown me that they can't be counted on. I'll always be a Sox fan, but they broke my heart so many times this year, it's foolish to expect otherwise.