One reason Ozzie is loved by MOST of his players

caulfield12

After Floyd made the error on the throw down the line in the 6th...he went out to the mound and calmed him down instead of replacing him, which would have been the knee-jerk, chewing and chomping on the gum reaction.

The pitchers have all learned to appreciate that you have to fail repeatedly (like Logan) before Ozzie truly loses confidence in you.

Not only did Gavin leave the game feeling he accomplished something and righted the ship after the slip, he also got his 17th win. Amazing totals for our "fifth" starter. Good work KW! Too bad Garcia had to go out with an injury, he pitched a very gutsy game. I was getting a sinking feeling that it would be somehow "karma" that he would beat the youngster who we acquired to replace him.

Ozzie also did the same thing with Garland.

If you noticed, we're really set up well if we can just get through Minnesota. Dotel, Linebrink and Carrasco are all getting some confidence back and the team actually is looking like it's capable of putting a nice streak together again.

Heck, maybe Ken Griffey, Jr., will get back another gear and show an amazing capacity to patrol CF in the Trop just like in the Kingdome.

Farmer's call on Ramirez GS..."Oh my God, he goes deep again!"

Nice to see Uribe, Dye, Buerhle, AJ and Konerko all looking good down the stretch...shades of 2005 again?

I'm not going to even think about the Cubs in the WS, we have to beat the Twins first...but it's nice to have hope again after Saturday. Of course, the Twins can rise again and crush our spirits, but I just want to see/hear a great game and hopefully Danks can also man up to follow Buehrle and Floyd. That also reminds me of 05, the way the pitchers would push each other and one start seemed to boomerang with a continued run of success.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
After Floyd made the error on the throw down the line in the 6th...he went out to the mound and calmed him down instead of replacing him, which would have been the knee-jerk, chewing and chomping on the gum reaction.

The pitchers have all learned to appreciate that you have to fail repeatedly (like Logan) before Ozzie truly loses confidence in you.

Not only did Gavin leave the game feeling he accomplished something and righted the ship after the slip, he also got his 17th win. Amazing totals for our "fifth" starter. Good work KW! Too bad Garcia had to go out with an injury, he pitched a very gutsy game. I was getting a sinking feeling that it would be somehow "karma" that he would beat the youngster who we acquired to replace him.

Ozzie also did the same thing with Garland.

If you noticed, we're really set up well if we can just get through Minnesota. Dotel, Linebrink and Carrasco are all getting some confidence back and the team actually is looking like it's capable of putting a nice streak together again.

Heck, maybe Ken Griffey, Jr., will get back another gear and show an amazing capacity to patrol CF in the Trop just like in the Kingdome.

Farmer's call on Ramirez GS..."Oh my God, he goes deep again!"

Nice to see Uribe, Dye, Buerhle, AJ and Konerko all looking good down the stretch...shades of 2005 again?

I'm not going to even think about the Cubs in the WS, we have to beat the Twins first...but it's nice to have hope again after Saturday. Of course, the Twins can rise again and crush our spirits, but I just want to see/hear a great game and hopefully Danks can also man up to follow Buehrle and Floyd. That also reminds me of 05, the way the pitchers would push each other and one start seemed to boomerang with a continued run of success.

but...but...when the sox lose, Ozzie is the worst manager ever still, right?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp...=4&sort=avg

Splits against Blackburn

Everyone hits him well except for Cabrera, Dye and Konerko (1 for 12)

BA is 2 for 3, Griffey homered off him (1 for 2) and Swisher is 3 for 9 with a double. Wise, 0 for 2. Overall, the White Sox hit him at a .319 clip with an .847 OPS.

I think Ozzie will stay with Griffey in CF for tomorrow...and probably stick with Wise in LF, just because he's Ozzie and seems to like having him at the top of the line-up for now. I don't think he would bench Konerko and stick Swisher at 1B, although the career numbers would back that up. Their recent play, however, would not. It would be nice to have Anderson's defense in CF though, but this has been a back-and-forth discussion of offense versus defense since 2006 and probably will be forever with BA, wherever he ends up.

Baseball, as usual, is a game of hunches and intuition.