Top Ten List of Twins' fans complaints tonight

caulfield12

Even if we lose, it was worth it to hear all the whining and complaining going on.

1) Twins should host playoff because they won season series 10-8 (conveniently forgetting 90% of the reason for their two World Series victories in 1987 and 1991 was due to the Dome...in fact, in 1987, they had one of the worst records of the playoff teams but had an advantage because the AL West and AL East alternated home field advantage, and both years the AL had home field)

2) Selig and MLB conspiracy to try to match up Cubs and White Sox in WS and leave out small market teams

3) Coin flip is patently unfair, Selig sucks (even though this was tradition well before Bud)

4) Garcia took himself out of the game as a personal favor to Ozzie, who he's related to by birth

5) Wedge hates Gardenhire and bagged the Cliff Lee start on purpose so that Lee's Cy Young status wouldn't be tarnished

6) Tigers hate the Twins because of 2006, passing them the last weekend (that doesn't make much sense)

7) There should be an investigation of Leyland's "minor league" line-up by MLB

8) Galaragga threw 2 wild pitches after only 4 all season before that

9) The Tigers' relievers deliberately walked all those Sox batters so they could go home early, and then the hitters mailed it in afterwards

10) "We were all packed up to go somewhere. Whether it be Tampa or Chicago, we were ready to go," he said. "We're looking forward to getting out there. It's a one-game playoff. It's going to be exciting."

Still, the tiebreaking grand slam by Alexei Ramirez in the sixth inning for Chicago was clearly a buzz kill for the guys gathered in the room.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't kick myself or was a little upset, but it is what it is," Punto said. "We've got business to take care of in Chicago, and that's all I'm worried about."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:12 AM)
Are these what you think, or are these actual complaints you've heard?

Both...just go to startribune.com, read the story about the "celebration that wasn't" and you can see all the reader comments. It's a lot better than most teams' MLB message boards, most of what I wrote down was written there, except for the part about Garcia.

Actually, the Twins' fans claimed it was a "mysterious" injury/reason and they were, for some reason, not understanding what was wrong with him. Stone called it right away...that it was his shoulder and that the pitch he had delivered was his final toss of the night.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
This should be their #1 complaint.

Losing two games to Kansas City at home, thus preventing them from eliminating the White Sox.

Haha. Yeah.

Or the fact that their team choked and gagged their way to September.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:03 AM)
And our team didn't?

Whatever the object they choked on was slightly smaller than whatever the Sox choked on. So that just further illustrates the poitn that they should be b****ing about the fact that they never capitalized while we were choking (just like we're doing). If they want something to b**** about though, they have plenty of valid reasons to do so, starting with that.