Fuck the Lakers

southsider2k5

Is it the best starting 5 ever assembled ?

Honest question, NBA is the sport i follow the least

Shaq already hates not being "the man", Kobe wants to show more and more that he is the man......Malone better get used to playing D for once in his life, and Payton better get used to playing only D. If they start throwin' up shots, there's going to be all sorts of turmoil on that team.

It's also kind of funny that Malone and Payton both need to go to the Lakers to falsely "achieve" an NBA title, something both of them were denied by MJ on his second go around w/the Bulls :headbang

Payton is one of my favorite players ever, in any sport. He plays hard every game, he wants to win, and he's just plain cool. I won't be rooting for the Lakers to win the title, but if they do I won't be angry.

Is it the best starting 5 ever assembled ?

Honest question, NBA is the sport i follow the least

Shaq already hates not being "the man", Kobe wants to show more and more that he is the man......Malone better get used to playing D for once in his life, and Payton better get used to playing only D. If they start throwin' up shots, there's going to be all sorts of turmoil on that team.

It's also kind of funny that Malone and Payton both need to go to the Lakers to falsely "achieve" an NBA title, something both of them were denied by MJ on his second go around w/the Bulls :headbang

:rolleyes: This team is gonna dominate the nba. THose arent 19 year old kids. They all want to win, and win they will.

The Lakers signed "Choker" Malone  :huh: ?

Karl Malone didnt choke at all. He got beat by a better team and better player. THose of us who follow the bulls realize Malone and company gave us our toughest test. Why you think he is a choker is beyond me.

Why you think he is a choker is beyond me.

Scottie Pippen said it best during Game 1 of the NBA Finals during the season in which Karl Malone was voted MVP over MJ. Malone at free throw line with a chance to put the game out of the Bulls reach. Scottie utters, "The Mailman don't deliver on Sundays." Malone misses two free throws. MJ hits fade away at buzzer. Game 1 goes to the Bulls. Malone CHOKED!

Game 6 of the same playoff series. Malone throws brick after brick in the 2nd half and, as the last seconds ticked away, MJ steals the ball from Malone, drives, and hits the game winning jumper with seconds left on the clock. Malone CHOKED! AGAIN!

Scottie Pippen said it best during Game 1 of the NBA Finals during the season in which Karl Malone was voted MVP over MJ. Malone at free throw line with a chance to put the game out of the Bulls reach. Scottie utters, "The Mailman don't deliver on Sundays." Malone misses two free throws. MJ hits fade away at buzzer. Game 1 goes to the Bulls. Malone CHOKED!

Game 6 of the same playoff series. Malone throws brick after brick in the 2nd half and, as the last seconds ticked away, MJ steals the ball from Malone, drives, and hits the game winning jumper with seconds left on the clock. Malone CHOKED! AGAIN!

You can say the same damn thing about Pippen, MJ, magic, Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem, Isiah, etc. Your point is totally wrong. Karl Malone is one of the hardest working and best players i have ever seen play the game of basketball. He is also an outstanding and mature human being, who was there after losing, facing the media. He is one of the few players that i can remember who was truly UPSET when he lost, too. You cant say that about many players. It was an honor for me to watch Karl Malone play the game of basketball. He was one of the best 5 players i have ever seen, in the NBA.

You can say the same damn thing about Pippen, MJ, magic, Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem, Isiah, etc. Your point is totally wrong. Karl Malone is one of the hardest working and best players i have ever seen play the game of basketball. He is also an outstanding and mature human being, who was there after losing, facing the media. He is one of the few players that i can remember who was truly UPSET when he lost, too. You cant say that about many players. It was an honor for me to watch Karl Malone play the game of basketball. He was one of the best 5 players i have ever seen, in the NBA.

are you talking about the same karl malone who said he didn't want to play with magic johnson cause he didn't want to get AIDS? the same karl malone who pulled a stunt in the middle of the finals with rodman to hype up a wrestling match? the same karl malone that speaks of himself constantly in the third person, and said, "You can take away a lot of things from Karl Malone, but his guns, that's not one of them..."?

what an outstanding human being.

are you talking about the same karl malone who said he didn't want to play with magic johnson cause he didn't want to get AIDS? the same karl malone who pulled a stunt in the middle of the finals with rodman to hype up a wrestling match? the same karl malone that speaks of himself constantly in the third person, and said, "You can take away a lot of things from Karl Malone, but his guns, that's not one of them..."?

what an outstanding human being.

You dont know s*** about the guy. Havent you done things you regret? Just because they are pros, doesnt make them above mistakes. You can tell who has good character and who doesnt, if you really look. Karl is a good guy and far from a choker. Now you want an asshole? Look at Mj........

I just hope that they turn into the Portland Trail Blazers. Too many egos for their own good.

I have always and will always hate the Lakers. This kind of s*** pisses me off. This kind of thing is also why I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Mets, and some other big spending teams(though more or less the 4 I mentioned above). Unless of course they don't win....if they don't win, it is a lot easier to not hate them.

And Mourning is going to the Nets, if I heard correctly? IIRC, that would be a reunion of Mourning and Mutombo from their Georgetown days, correct?

I just hope that they turn into the Portland Trail Blazers.  Too many egos for their own good. 

I have always and will always hate the Lakers.  This kind of s*** pisses me off.  This kind of thing is also why I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Mets, and some other big spending teams(though more or less the 4 I mentioned above).  Unless of course they don't win....if they don't win, it is a lot easier to not hate them. 

And Mourning is going to the Nets, if I heard correctly?  IIRC, that would be a reunion of Mourning and Mutombo from their Georgetown days, correct?

The blazers? Ummm the Lakers have 4 hall of famers and the blazers have s***. The comparison is apples and oranges.

I just hope that they turn into the Portland Trail Blazers.  Too many egos for their own good. 

I have always and will always hate the Lakers.  This kind of s*** pisses me off.  This kind of thing is also why I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Mets, and some other big spending teams(though more or less the 4 I mentioned above).  Unless of course they don't win....if they don't win, it is a lot easier to not hate them. 

And Mourning is going to the Nets, if I heard correctly?  IIRC, that would be a reunion of Mourning and Mutombo from their Georgetown days, correct?

Correct on the Geotown thing. And that team didn't make the Final Four.