AND THATS A CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!&#33

kapkomet

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
Not just because we won, but that was a great, great baseball game. Guys on both sides went at it 110% and almost flawlessly. One mistake, one bomb, ballgame.

Random thoughts:

Perhaps he was stunned from the collision, but AJ showing Cuddyer the ball instead of the ump was bad ass and hilarious. :lolhitting

I loved that as well, because you know it absolutely pissed off Twins fans -- and likely the players. When I first saw it I said to myself, "if the Twins win this game they're going to say that moment was motivation." I understand time and time again why people hate him. Just glad he's on our team.

Part of it might have been the 'black out', but why do the stands at the Cell look so dark on TV? It doesn't happen on Comcast or WGN, or even WCIU, but on the national networks they always do.

Compared to other stadiums the stands aren't lit well. The blackout also gave an odd illusion of emptiness on TV. Almost like the stadium wasn't completely full.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:25 PM)
think they should adopt that song again?

they played it once during the celebrating for a few seconds.

Livin' on a Prayer (like i said... ahem) was blasted for a long while during the 7th

don't know what song was played during the initial celebration... i was yelling too much.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
Mark said after the game tonight that they have a couple others for this season. He didn't say what they were but said they were "pretty bad".

"I'm A Believer" by Smash Mouth... but it's too much about love, so not the best.

"I Will Survive"

"I'm So Excited"

"We Like To Party" by Vengaboys

"Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba (actually, not a bad idea)

All BAD ideas. hehehe

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
God, that black out was awesome. kudos Brooks boyer.

I loved that the fans all wore black but they should have handed out white towels. You could barely notice the black towels being waved in the stands. It blended in too much. I'd prefer something more obvious to distract the opposing batter's peripheral vision.

They played Don't Stop Believing after the game.

I think they should do a White-Out next time. That would look bada**.

Swisher said the Black-Out was great and they (we) should do that for the playoffs, so you know that will probably stick.

Best game I've been at since game 2 of the ALCS.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
You know what? Winning is how traditions are born. SO why not stick with the black out?

The white out? LOL I don't know, I think our players wouldn't be able to pick up the ball.

Do you think the Blackout was inspired by the behavior of fans drinking for 3+ hours of rain delay and then another 7 innings of baseball yesterday? :D