Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
This really shouldn't turn into an off-season thread, but whatever.

f*** Seattle. Beltre would be a great fit, but you can't get carried away. He is making almost 12 million next season, is signed just for next season, and posted an OPS under .800 this season.

.860 OPS or away from Safeco though.

Oh and Brian, Perez is a FA this off-season, and will get a pretty lucrative deal.

If he leaves the Mets, then Vazquez to them is a definite possibility.

If Vazquez actually only gave up 4ER over 6 innings here, is that a decent enough outing? At least he's given us a chance to win I guess.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say the same thing today that I said in the game he pitched in Minnesota. If the game gets out of hand, he should throw as many pitches as it takes to save our pen. I don't care if it's 250 pitches, if it's a blowout, he stays out there -- and that's the last game he ever pitches for this team -- just like the Minnesota game should've been. I meant it then, and I mean it now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
Im watching the game where Bartlett hit a weak grounder to third for a single.

Im watching the game where the Rays went to sacrifice on the next pitch but instead Maddon out manages Ozzie and has Iwamura swinging.

Im watching the game where the Sox continue to pitch to Longoria with 2 outs.

Could Javy done better?

Sure.

But the facts are in this case he is not being put in a position to succeed.

Outside of what 3 hits no one on the Rays has even come close to hitting the ball hard?

No matter how you want to spin it, Vasquez is just not good enough. He doesn't have the mental makeup to handle this kind of stage. In the last week when the games meant the most he has been horrible.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
Perez, IMO, is one of those pitchers Cooper could fix. 4.22 ERA from your 5th starter wouldn't be too bad.

Perez no longer has the ace stuff he once did with the Pirates, he definitely wont be worth the money he recieves. I used to be a big fan.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)

Oh and Brian, Perez is a FA this off-season, and will get a pretty lucrative deal.

If Vazquez actually only gave up 4ER over 6 innings here, is that a decent enough outing? At least he's given us a chance to win I guess.

No, not at all, especially since he gave up all of those runs immediately after we scored ours. It took away all of our momentum.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)

4 runs over 7 is okay. 4 runs over 6 in the playoffs is usually bad.

Oh and to say, at least it's game 1...24 out of 28 teams that lose game 1, lost the series for the first round.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
What?

You must have missed the pop fly in left that Wise called for, and he and Cabrerra just let drop for a double earlier, and the stupid announcers were blaming it on the dome..............

Edited by SoCalSouthSider59