Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
:unsure:

Are you watching the same Javy Vazquez that I am? In the black uniform that says "Sox" on it?

Capn, I'm so happy you have never changed your avatar!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
You know, starting Richard may have actually been a better decision. I didnt realize that the Rays start 5 LH. And Navarro is a switch hitter who hits righties better than lefties. Just from that stand point i hope Oz at least considered it

You know how bad it is, when we're preferring Clayton Richard over Javvy? heh

Yeah ive watched Javy show up to every game and pitch, he never complains doesnt blame other people, he just shows up and tries to do his job.

Maybe hes not that good at it, but he takes responsibility for his own actions and does what he can.

/shrugs

who cares what people espn , tbs, raido etc. It's their opinion. Stop worrying about the media. Their not gonna lose sleep if their wrong and your making it too big of a deal to care what they think. I mean honestly they didnt pick us to win central and look what happened. Its like you want respond in their faces and go HA your wrong. All I can say is just win and the rest will take care of its self

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
I dont even understand how some of you consider yourselves Sox fans.

Javy is the Sox 4th starter, due to having to play the last few weeks we could not set the rotation. Javy is not supposed to shut down the other team, he is supposed to keep the Sox in the game so that we have a chance to win. Anyone expecting more is just setting themselves up for failure.

If this was any other pitcher people would be talking about how easy grounders were getting through our infield, how we let pop ups drop, how the Sox couldnt get a double play. but since its Javy you all just want to kick him around.

f*** that, Im not going to sit here and say hes good, but I at least respect the effort that he has given to the Sox.

He's supposed to more than a #4 starter. The average #4 starter does not get paid anywhere near what Javy gets paid. He pitched well in 2007 when the team was awful. Many on here said that is what he would be. He was 12-16 below .500. His ERA was 4.66 higher than league average. He implodes in game 1. He isn't even an average performer. He sucks. A waste of money. Yet because he strikes people out more often than most some still love him and find excuse after excuse for all his poor performances. His last 4 starts he hasn't even pitched 5 innings. There is no defense. He didn't perform.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Yeah ive watched Javy show up to every game and pitch, he never complains doesnt blame other people, he just shows up and tries to do his job.

Maybe hes not that good at it, but he takes responsibility for his own actions and does what he can.

/shrugs

Holy Christ. :lolhitting

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Vazquez was good on a s***ty 2007 Sox team.

Vazquez was s***ty on a pretty good 2008 Sox team.

Stakes are raised, returns are lowered.

That's Javy Vazquez.

:Perfect Summary:

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
I dont even understand how some of you consider yourselves Sox fans.

Javy is the Sox 4th starter, due to having to play the last few weeks we could not set the rotation. Javy is not supposed to shut down the other team, he is supposed to keep the Sox in the game so that we have a chance to win. Anyone expecting more is just setting themselves up for failure.

If this was any other pitcher people would be talking about how easy grounders were getting through our infield, how we let pop ups drop, how the Sox couldnt get a double play. but since its Javy you all just want to kick him around.

f*** that, Im not going to sit here and say hes good, but I at least respect the effort that he has given to the Sox.

Dude, seriously...now is not the time.

Vazquez totally s*** the bed today, on normal rest, and has done everything in his power to s*** the bed in each of his last three starts.

4th starter or not, he has generally not pitched like a major leaguer over the last 4 months.

Since April 18th, Vazquez is 9-15, and about to lose another game. That's <.400 winning percentage for a place team.>

After May, his ERA is right around 6.

Most playoff teams pay their 4 starter comparable to Javy Vazquez or have worse players who are getting paid more.

This isnt about "average" teams, this is about playing the BEST teams.

Javy would be a 4 if not 5 on most of the playoff teams, just because some one paid him money doesnt make him good.

Maybe we can get Driefort, I hear he got paid a ton he must be amazing.