Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxpride77 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
I would disagree with that. Contreras has come up big in meaningful games wher Vasquez always folds under the pressure.

Except that was what 3 seasons ago.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a whole argument about it. I'm not trying to defend Vazquez or anything, he deserves all of the flaming he's getting ATM.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
Its sucks how we all go from pissed to overjoyed to pissed again. It also sucks being in Florida and having to deal with all these bandwagon fans.

Yeah that used to piss me off in high school baseball. We'd go 32-8 in a year and no one would show up to the games but when we make it to state we have tons of people rooting for us. It's like, where were you before?

I actually really thought Vazquez would pitch a good game today too, he was back on normal rest, had something to prove, and a team he has dominated in the past. I wasnt even upset over the first HR to Longoria, but that last inning was ridiculous and I no longer ever have faith in Vazquez ever.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
Im watching the game where Bartlett hit a weak grounder to third for a single.

Im watching the game where the Rays went to sacrifice on the next pitch but instead Maddon out manages Ozzie and has Iwamura swinging.

Im watching the game where the Sox continue to pitch to Longoria with 2 outs.

Could Javy done better?

Sure.

But the facts are in this case he is not being put in a position to succeed.

Outside of what 3 hits no one on the Rays has even come close to hitting the ball hard?

God, someone is still defending this pussy? What is wrong with you?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)

Im watching the game where the Rays went to sacrifice on the next pitch but instead Maddon out manages Ozzie and has Iwamura swinging.

Could Javy done better?

Sure.

Outside of what 3 hits no one on the Rays has even come close to hitting the ball hard?

Other than the two crushed homers by Longoria, the two 450 foot shots that were foul by about 5 feet each by Floyd, the double, and the sac fly, they really haven't hit the ball hard. So I guess you are right.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)

Could Javy done better?

Sure.

He's making a lot of money to get people out. Those types of things happen every game to every pitcher. He's given up 2 homers in 3 innings. He's failed yet again.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
Other than the two crushed homers by Longoria, the two 450 foot shots that were foul by about 5 feet each by Floyd, the double, and the sac fly, they really haven't hit the ball hard. So I guess you are right.

:lolhitting

"other than all of those hits he's giving up and how hard he's getting hit, he's pitching very well!"