Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
It might be nice if next year we can teach our guys how to shorten their swings up on 2 strikes with men on. Especially the small non-linebacker types. Bases loaded and we have big swings and no idea of what a strike is.

Carl Everett drove me nuts sometimes, but he was awesome at shortening his swing with 2 strikes.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
There was no pinch hitter because the Sox have no one who can play 3b respectably. If they put in Fields TB starts bunting and trying to abuse him.

A lot of the Sox problems stem from managing and roster decisions, how they have no one else who can play 3b defensively is a joke.

Fields is also half hurt, he's scheduled for knee surgery at the end of the season

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
who cares? Swisher has a better chance of giving a quality AB there, score runs and worry about it because if they don't they're going to lose anyway

Ok...but that's still the reason, most likely.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:50 PM)
Cabrera has almost 6000 AB's in his major league career. I know you hate Walker, but do you really think he had any influence on that AB or approach? Really?

He is not going to be here next year. I want this drilling into their heads in ST and through the year, so when a person is up at this point of the year they think contact with men on like this. You can't change this now. That approach was more about Cabrera being a douche.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
The Sox put Fields on the playoff roster specifically in case we decide to ph for Uribe. If you don't ph for him there, you're never going to ph for him. Uribe has not swung the bat well for a while now.

The Fields thing is not going to happen. Not this year at least. The Sox dont particularly like him, and he hasnt done much.

He's on the roster for pure last resort situations.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
Cabrera is on a whole other level for me. Vazquez has really gone down my list over the last 4 weeks or so, but I didn't like how Cabrera acted on day 1, and nothing has changed. I can't stand the cocksmoker. He makes me miss Royce.

Does it frustrate you as much as it does me when people try to say OC is a good guy and that Cowley's the only one who doesn't like him?