Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
oh well,lets get em tomorrow since we have a pitcher that doesnt s*** her pants...now on to politics to watch Palin make a complete idiot of herself.

not to derail but when is that on?

well the f***ing turf cost us two runs, but there were bigger culprits than that....

vazquez threw nothign but fastballs in inning 1, and then grooves one first pitch to longoria...then throws him a hanger in his second AB...terrible

really, how long is the ridiculous juan uribe era going to last? this guy should have been out of a job a long time ago

Its easy in hindsight to say Richard should have pitched.

But if he starts and gets off to a bad start the whole series could be over. With Javy out there even if he f***s up we arent going to potentially ruin a player.

Richard could be a future player for the Sox, if he gets roughed up in his first play off game who knows how his career pans out.

For better or worse the Sox put Richard in the best position to succeed and he did that. Now if he works off that maybe we will have a pretty solid LH bull pen arm for the rest of the playoffs and next year maybe a quality starter.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
6 pm here in San Diego which means 8 pm in Chicago

9pm here...good, gives me time to go buy a case of beer and get started. I need some empty bottles to toss at my TV...this loss has already put me on edge, now for an encore this crap tonight. maybe i can convince my wife to play a drinking game...my wife who has NEVER VOTED (and is far from ultra-lib) in her life has registered to vote for the sole purpose of keeping palin out of the WH...and we're in Virgnia, a swing state this year.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
.....of a five game series. Cmon bmags, I wouldn't expect this from you. The baseball retarded use this phrase during the season.

I'm sorry, I'm reading that this just proves that the white sox are clearly the worst team in the league, in fact, the most frustrating team to EVER make the playoffs. We had our worst starting pitcher going, then we throw in our AAAA pitcher for a lot of the innings after that. We need 1 of 2 from this game and we knew this wasn't the best shot we had. Welcome to the playoffs. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. One game isn't the definition of your team. Do the Cubs, Angels and Brewers all completely suck too! Right!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Its easy in hindsight to say Richard should have pitched.

But if he starts and gets off to a bad start the whole series could be over. With Javy out there even if he f***s up we arent going to potentially ruin a player.

Richard could be a future player for the Sox, if he gets roughed up in his first play off game who knows how his career pans out.

For better or worse the Sox put Richard in the best position to succeed and he did that. Now if he works off that maybe we will have a pretty solid LH bull pen arm for the rest of the playoffs and next year maybe a quality starter.

It's not hindsight when you said you wanted him starting before this game even began

No its hindsight now that Richard pitched good.

The reality is no manager is going to a rookie in the first game of the playoffs when that rookie hasnt really been dominant as of late.

I dont care how Richard looked, starting Vazquez was the better call.

Just because you make the right move doesnt mean youll always win.

What makes me confident is watching this game and seeing the exact Tampa team I imagined.

Our statistically worst pitcher, pitched against their "Big Game" pitcher.

We had the bases loaded with 1 outs and came up empty.

Tomorrow the Sox "big game" pitcher goes up against Kazmir who never seems to be able to go deep in games due to control.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
9pm here...good, gives me time to go buy a case of beer and get started. I need some empty bottles to toss at my TV...this loss has already put me on edge, now for an encore this crap tonight. maybe i can convince my wife to play a drinking game...my wife who has NEVER VOTED (and is far from ultra-lib) in her life has registered to vote for the sole purpose of keeping palin out of the WH...and we're in Virgnia, a swing state this year.

Not to make this a political messege board,but after seeing Palins interviews with Couric,she's dumber than W and look where that's gotten us,McCain is as old as dirt and has a history of cancer so it does matter who replaces him should he,God forbid,win... At least politics has taken my mind off the game we easily couldve won had we started a pitcher that had some cojones.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
for those of you saying "just win one", what makes you so confident that the rays won't win both games at the cell? they've handed us our ass at home this year

They might, but then it still doesn't matter, if we win one here I am confident we can get it to a game 5 where anything can happen.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
Not to make this a political messege board,but after seeing Palins interviews with Couric,she's dumber than W and look where that's gotten us,McCain is as old as dirt and has a history of cancer so it does matter who replaces him should he,God forbid,win... At least politics has taken my mind off the game we easily couldve won had we started a pitcher that had some cojones.

Just something I've wondered for a while, if you're in Mexico, why do you care so much about American politics?

QUOTE (griffey17 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
The goal in any series is to split on the road...did we really think we could go into the dome and take 2?

They have a good club, Javy didnt help but lets focus on tomorrow

AMEN!

ARE YOU GUYS WITH US!!!!!???

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
Just something I've wondered for a while, if you're in Mexico, why do you care so much about American politics?

Uh,because I'm an American citizen,born and raised in Chicago's southeast side,I live less than 5 minutes from San Diego here in Tijuana, Mex.My job has me living here and I have Directv to follow the Sox and Bears and everything else I followed in Chicago.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
Uh,because I'm an American citizen,born and raised in Chicago's southeast side,I live less than 5 minutes from San Diego here in Tijuana, Mex.My job has me living here and I have Directv to follow the Sox and Bears and everything else I followed in Chicago.

That's what i figured. Was just wondering.