Vazquez starting Thursday

whitesoxfan99

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prefer buehrle clearly, i am just hoping for a quality start out of javy. Winning game one just increases our odds so much. Vazquez has the ability to shock us all though, i am not one to believe that he will blow in every ''big game'' he ever has in his career.

Javy Game 1 on normal rest.

Buehrle Game 2 on normal rest

Floyd game 3 on what, extra rest? Danks game 4 on extra rest?

And Buehrle game 5 if necessary on normal rest?

Frankly, we may not like Javy that much, but it's better than going with both Buehrle and Floyd on the road on short rest.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
Prefer buehrle clearly, i am just hoping for a quality start out of javy. Winning game one just increases our odds so much. Vazquez has the ability to shock us all though, i am not one to believe that he will blow in every ''big game'' he ever has in his career.

We have to win 1 game in tampa. Our starters for those 3 games would be Vazquez, Buehrle, Buehrle, each on normal rest, unless we move something around. That's our best chance.

Different spin: give me strikeout stuff against some young hitters who might be really geeked up.

Looking past the last 3 awful starts, there was some great consistency from him in --yes-- big games from mid Aug to mid Sept

Also he has had decent-to-strong starts vs. TB all year.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
Javy's still got world-class talent and he'll be against a Rays team that will extremely nervous and starting a guy in LF who hasn't played in months...

Javy has the best stuff on the staff and the worst brain.

My hope is that Tampa being young, many in their first postseason game... they could be so geeked they start falling prey to some stuff that Javy normally shouldnt throw.

It's better to have Vasquez out there after having three of our guy's going out there, one doing better than the other. This current scenario is somewhat similar to a not too long ago stage performance that had one pitcher going out and feeding off of the previous pitcher.

Anyone else grateful that it's not Clayton Richards, at least? When I heard Hawk and DJ all high on Richard, it was as if they were completely blabbering about anything that didn't involve commentating on the current issue at hand. Trying to get to that 163rd game . . . and now that we are in, the coaching staff isn't going to put an inexperienced youngster who had one good game in New York.

Overall, thanks Clayton, but it's time for Javy to show that he is capable to pitch when he is really needed. That first game can always have a big impact on the overall series.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
Overall, thanks Clayton, but it's time for Javy to show that he is capable to pitch when he is really needed. That first game can always have a big impact on the overall series.

My whole thing with Clayton is we really need that arm in the pen.

I consider Thornton the 8th inning guy, and since Horacio Ramirez isnt technically a pitcher, we dont have a guy for lefties.