Jenks...and 99 mph?????!?!?!

Paulie4Pres

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:54 PM)
lol, tbs gun didnt have danks at 92-93, it was 94-95 occasionally

I've seen Danks throw as high as 95 during the season, and Danks was as sharp as any other game this year tonight. If the gun was juicing Bobby, it wasn't by that much.

One must also take into consideration that this may have been planned by Bobby Jenks... throw 95 tops most of the year and be mostly a finesse pitcher and get people out by making them make bad contact, but then at the end of the season in the big games... turn it back on and completely fool the opposition while they think you transformed yourself into a finesse pitcher. I actually kind of suspected this earlier on in the season, and it's odd that I was right. :gosox3:

QUOTE (YahtzeeSox @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
One must also take into consideration that this may have been planned by Bobby Jenks... throw 95 tops most of the year and be mostly a finesse pitcher and get people out by making them make bad contact, but then at the end of the season in the big games... turn it back on and completely fool the opposition while they think you transformed yourself into a finesse pitcher. I actually kind of suspected this earlier on in the season, and it's odd that I was right. :gosox3:

that's a reach

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 02:51 AM)
i think their gun was turned up... i mean, i don't remember danks throwing 95... or am i wrong?

Danks wsa hitting 92-93-94 and did hit 95 more than once. I think Bobby was hitting 98-99 as registered. I made mention of wanting to see this from Bobby in a prior post I made and I guess he read it. He was awfully good in his relief inning and Danks was just simply super. :gosox3: :notworthy

Just got back from the game....stadium gun had 96, 97, 97 for his first three pitches I believe. Didn't bother looking at it for the rest of the time since everyone was so jazzed. Sounds like the TBS gun was jacked up a bit.

I told most of you f***ers here that Jenks can reach back at will and he says the same thing. I knew he would be jacked up for this run and the blood pumping shows it. I expect him to be the 05' Jenks again in the postseason. This is why he's been saving his arm.

And yes the highest he had from TBS, some of the guns online here and from what my boy told me at the game was around 96-99.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
The last pitch of the game was 100 mph.

We all saw his curveball tonight as well.

Bobby + playoffs = deadly.

I did yell "CURVEBALL!!" at my TV when Kubel was up.

I was happy as hell when I saw Bobby throw one to get him.