Complaints about TBS

SoxFan1

Am I the only one having issues with TBS' coverage. Apparently my area doesn't get TBS HD, even though I have an HD package through Charter Cable. So I'm watching the game on my HDTV but I only get TBS in standard definition, and it's terrible. The screen gets all jittery and every time a graphic comes up on screen, the picture either freezes or flickers every other frame or so. It's incredibly annoying.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have any ideas how to fix it?

My issue was that I didn't get home from work until about 10 minutes after the fact. I kept track on my cell phone and got to hear the radio call from the top of the 8th on, but I'd love to have seen the game. For example, the MLB Gameday on my phone didn't shed light on the fact that Jimbo took out a few lanes on the Dan Ryan too clearly. They had Alexei batting left, and other stupid gaffes in that vein. Not really complaining as I got to watch fairly accurate PBP, but I wish TBS would at least re-air this snucka in the wee hours. CSN would have given me that chance with their On Demand. It's going to take some nifty usage of sick days/scheduling to even get a glimpse of this first round- I work till about 8 for the rest of the week sans tomorrow when I could care less, and I took my day off from my second job tonight not anticipating the fact that a dumbf*** would delay my exit for 45 minutes (and a 30 min drive home). Sick days will be abused in the forthcoming week(s) for sure.

That's the one nice benefit of making like the LAA and clinching in early May... It's sort of difficult modifying a schedule that has been set for two weeks when your team waltzes in a day after the last day. Ah, not complaining though. I've got a good feeling we're about to vaccinate TB and I'm scheduling accordingly.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

I thought it was cool they caught Oz freaking out in the dugout yelling for Dye to move in on the last at bat. Then a bloop gets hit and BA makes the extension and grabs it. It's one of the reasons I really like Oz. He makes dumb moves sometimes, sometimes arguably really dumb moves, but I think he really knows baseball. It's scary to think how good a manager he will be in 20 years.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:56 AM)
The only complaint I had with TBS was how blatant Harold Reynolds was rooting for the Twins. He was annoying the hell out of me.

Wasn't he ridiculous? You knew it was coming as soon as you saw him in the box during pre-game.

Not only was his bias against the WSox blatantly obvious, but he completely crapped all over that broadcast.

Some of their graphics were really, really bad. Their stat line for players only showed "current average." They didn't even both with HR's or RBI's, let alone OBP. And that graphic that showed how they did at the plate in each inning was confusing and way too busy.

Other than that, I had no complaints. The coverage was good and I enjoyed seeing the replay of Thome's home run about a dozen times.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 06:46 AM)
Early in the game, maybe around the third inning, Dick Stockton said that the Cubs won the 1906 World Series. How hard is it to remember who won the only World Series in history featuring these two teams? Geez.

lol, I thought I was crazy. I was sitting there for about 15 minutes going "uhh I could've SWORE the Sox beat the Cubs there." A Wikipedia search for "1906 world series" tells you that.

Still, TBS >>>> Fox. f*** Fox.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:46 AM)
Early in the game, maybe around the third inning, Dick Stockton said that the Cubs won the 1906 World Series. How hard is it to remember who won the only World Series in history featuring these two teams? Geez.

yeah that pissed me off. You know cub fans watching would believe it too.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 01:56 AM)
The only complaint I had with TBS was how Harold Reynolds was blatantly rooting for the Twins. He was annoying the hell out of me.

That was annoying my wife big-time.

She said "aren't these guys supposed to be unbiased?"

I just laughed at Reynolds because I think he's a retard.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 01:53 AM)
Am I the only one having issues with TBS' coverage. Apparently my area doesn't get TBS HD, even though I have an HD package through Charter Cable. So I'm watching the game on my HDTV but I only get TBS in standard definition, and it's terrible. The screen gets all jittery and every time a graphic comes up on screen, the picture either freezes or flickers every other frame or so. It's incredibly annoying.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have any ideas how to fix it?

I couldn't tell you, because I get gloriously beautiful TBS HD, and loved everything except Dick Stockton.

Some of their camera cuts were really well done, great direction. Showing Ozzie freaking out in the dugout to bring his OF in and the next play shows that made the difference. The camera choice right after Thome connect on that bomb showing it headed deep into the dark, extremely late September night was amazing as well. Their on screen graphics should be adopted by everyone (seriously, how have our local broadcasts not picked up the box-score mentality of showing what players have done in previous at bats??)

Well done, TBS.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:31 AM)
I couldn't tell you, because I get gloriously beautiful TBS HD, and loved everything except Dick Stockton.

Some of their camera cuts were really well done, great directly. Showing Ozzie freaking out in the dugout to bring his OF in and the next play shows that made the difference. The camera choice right after Thome connect on that bomb showing it headed deep into the dark, extremely late September night was amazing as well. Their on screen graphics should be adopted by everyone (seriously, how have our local broadcasts not picked up the box-score mentality of showing what players have done in previous at bats??)

Well done, TBS.

Dick Stockton was just awful, he didnt know the difference between a fastball, a slider, a curve and a changeup. He was calling EVERYTTHING a fastball.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 05:10 AM)
yeah that pissed me off. You know cub fans watching would believe it too.

Exactly. I was listening to Steve Dahl this summer, and he was talking about the Cubs/Sox game he went to the day before at the Cell. During the 7th inning stretch, everyone stood up for "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." A Cub fan sitting in front of him turned to the guy next to him and said loudly, "I wonder where they got this idea?"

That's my 1000th post. Three and a half years, and that's the best I could do.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)
Exactly. I was listening to Steve Dahl this summer, and he was talking about the Cubs/Sox game he went to the day before at the Cell. During the 7th inning stretch, everyone stood up for "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." A Cub fan sitting in front of him turned to the guy next to him and said loudly, "I wonder where they got this idea?"

That's my 1000th post. Three and a half years, and that's the best I could do.

Well you are known for making the best of your posts, anyways. :)

Quality over Quantity (you hear that, SS2K5? ;) )

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
The only complaint I had with TBS was how Harold Reynolds was blatantly rooting for the Twins. He was annoying the hell out of me.

I must have been the only one happy to here Reynolds voice. He's a joy to listen to. Ocassionally makes a dumb statement but as a whole I'm a big fan. The radio crew with Cambell was tremendous though.