"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
I hope Dan Bernstein is drowning his sorrows in a cocktail of Jack Daniels and Cianide

(I know he says he's a Sox fan, but I swear to god he's a f***ing cubs fan)

I hate that jackass

What, did he have the "you have nothing to worry about Cubs fans" angle?

Wow. What a reminder the playoffs are a whole different entity.

It just seems so amazing how quiet Wrigley was the past 2 games. Eerie quiet. I could hear the pitch hit the mitt on TV. Think of how nuts that is compared to the regular season when those crazies were going wild a majority of the games.

Do you guys think the Cubs FOR CERTAIN are dead? Or will they bring it back to Wrigley. The Dodgers actually aren't that good. Is it OVA?

Man I hope we win tomorrow and get it to the Cell 1-1.

Well, I guess that they can say they are improved after last years epic failure. They did actually have a lead at the end of an inning this year. :lolhitting

Hopefully the Dodgers finish the deal on Saturday and we can be done with all of this cubby crap.

Also, I know somebody will say "worry more about your own team," but watching the Cubs lose actually makes me feel about the Sox lost today. If we had our #2 pitcher on the mound, at home, and had 4 errors and gave up 10 runs I'd be furious. Not to mention the expectations on these guys compared to us.

I've said all year that I'll root for them to at least GET to the World Series because they deserved it but LOSE. But NOW? f*** it, they don't look like a team that deserves to be in the WS anymore after that joke of a game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)
Wow. What a reminder the playoffs are a whole different entity.

It just seems so amazing how quiet Wrigley was the past 2 games. Eerie quiet. I could hear the pitch hit the mitt on TV. Think of how nuts that is compared to the regular season when those crazies were going wild a majority of the games.

Do you guys think the Cubs FOR CERTAIN are dead? Or will they bring it back to Wrigley. The Dodgers actually aren't that good. Is it OVA?

Man I hope we win tomorrow and get it to the Cell 1-1.

It isn't over but the Dodgers are actually an extremely good team with Manny and the Cubs have not hit Kuroda all year. Plus I think if the Dodgers can take an early lead in game 3 the Cubs will fold.

"I don't wanna hear about Fukudome anymore, whether he's gonna play or not. I'm gonna run Theriot or somebody from now on and that's the end of that."

*Gets up and leaves*

LOL, Lou.

Edited by TheBigHurt

I'd love to see the entire Lou interview. But Fox doesn't show much of it. Wonder why?

If Cubs do somehow win this series we know it definitely is their year cause no team could ever have played worse tonight. What's with the Cub infielders grabbing balls with the bare fists. If you are a cub fan the only word truly is "embarrassing." Kinda like I felt when we were tanking in Minnie and the first two vs. Cleveland.

LMAO! You guys have to peep the gamethread over at NSBB.com. The things they're saying about Fukodome are f***ing hilarious.

Some guy there bashed Lou and said he was a terrible manager. If I had an account there, I'd PM him and say "Wanna trade, then?"

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:03 AM)
LMAO! You guys have to peep the gamethread over at NSBB.com. The things they're saying about Fukodome are f***ing hilarious.

Whoa, I had no idea the cubs fans had a website. I always just assumed that 99.5 percent of them have no idea who they even have in their farm system.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
What the hell am I looking at?

I would have used a thousand other LOL or loser pictures before that one. Very disturbing.

the guy is wearing a bear outfit...

its from somethingawful.com - karma sutra for internet writers

Holy s***, did you guys hear the Lou press conference? lol. Somebody asked him about Fukodome and he was like "I don't want to hear about Fukodome. I'm gonna start Theriot or Johnson or something. The kid's struggling. No use sending him out there anymore." Just kill the guy's confidence for life, Lou. lol.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:22 PM)
Holy s***, did you guys hear the Lou press conference? lol. Somebody asked him about Fukodome and he was like "I don't want to hear about Fukodome. I'm gonna start Theriot or Johnson or something. The kid's struggling. No use sending him out there anymore." Just kill the guy's confidence for life, Lou. lol.

Someone may want to tell Lou his buddy Jim Hendry signed him to an extended deal. He'll be around here next season and the year after.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:22 AM)

If Fukudome's four months of increasingly s***ty performance haven't killed his confidence, then he's got a boatload of confidence and a bigger boatload of self-delusion.

He should have been riding pine for a long time now, and should never have started in RF for this series.

Is he the only problem they have? Not by a long shot, but he's an automatic out right now and has been for months.

Anyone else relieved that he wanted to be the first Japanese player in Chicago Cubs history?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
I hope Dan Bernstein is drowning his sorrows in a cocktail of Jack Daniels and Cianide

(I know he says he's a Sox fan, but I swear to god he's a f***ing cubs fan)

I hate that jackass

The entire week people would call in and say that they were worried about the Dodgers and the Cubs possibly not playing well. Both Bernsie and Boers basically called them idiots, saying there was no way the Cubs dont win the NL, and that no team would be able to win two games in a row at Wrigley. Are those callers still idiots Dan & Terry?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 06:42 AM)
The entire week people would call in and say that they were worried about the Dodgers and the Cubs possibly not playing well. Both Bernsie and Boers basically called them idiots, saying there was no way the Cubs dont win the NL, and that no team would be able to win two games in a row at Wrigley. Are those callers still idiots Dan & Terry?

That's why I can't stand the Score. They just insult any listener who dares to disagree with them. At least over on ESPN they usually will make their argument as to why they're wrong instead of just hanging up on the guy and then ripping him.