When did you start feeling old?

kjshoe04

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
Hmm, I agree on the team jersey for most of the time and places. I disagree on the shoes. I wear Sperry Top-siders all the time. Wearing almost anything else that is "closed toed" with shorts looks stupid.

I wear Converse Chuck Taylors to concerts. Why ruin a good pair of shoes? Since I've been out here though, it's dress shoes to work, or flip flops everywhere else.

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
Last year when a hangover lasted 2 days. Then this year when I realized I could barely run without a lingering pain.

I'm only 25.

man, do I know what youre talking about, I used to be able to drink heavy for a week straight with no repercussions. Now, if I get drunk I have a hang over for two days and the worst anxiety. Im 26, Id say Ive had that since I was about 24.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
I dated a woman who said that men should never wear gym shoes as casual shoes nor wear a team jersey. She said that's one way to tell the difference between men and boys.

HA!

That hen would HATE me.

I just retired the Slayer t-shirts a couple years ago.

I wear jerseys or team/band t-shirts just about everywhere, and I only wear dress shoes to work, weddings and funerals.

Guess that makes me a 150 year old boy.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
HA!

That hen would HATE me.

I just retired the Slayer t-shirts a couple years ago.

I wear jerseys or team/band t-shirts just about everywhere, and I only wear dress shoes to work, weddings and funerals.

Guess that makes me a 150 year old boy.

Yeah, I gave up on band t shirts a while back. I still wear t shirts from all the different rock clubs I've been to, but even that is kinda rare.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
man, do I know what youre talking about, I used to be able to drink heavy for a week straight with no repercussions. Now, if I get drunk I have a hang over for two days and the worst anxiety. Im 26, Id say Ive had that since I was about 24.

The evil 24 hour hangovers didn't happen to me til after 30. Alcohol just makes me sleepy now. I can't stay awake long enough to get drunk. :lol:

I heard myself actually saying "we didn't have the internet back then..." a couple of months ago. Also I was telling a guy that just graduated high school about the Jordan dynasty, and how sweet it was to watch Frank Thomas as opposed to just popping your eyes out at his stats. None of that really even seems like that long ago to me, but I guess it is. I'm only 26 btw.

Anyone else here tend to use the Berlin Wall/end of the Cold War as a point of reference?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:23 AM)
I heard myself actually saying "we didn't have the internet back then..." a couple of months ago. Also I was telling a guy that just graduated high school about the Jordan dynasty, and how sweet it was to watch Frank Thomas as opposed to just popping your eyes out at his stats. None of that really even seems like that long ago to me, but I guess it is. I'm only 26 btw.

Anyone else here tend to use the Berlin Wall/end of the Cold War as a point of reference?

My junior year school year book was titled "The End of the '80s"

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:23 AM)

My older brother does.

Richard Roeper had a blurb about the anniversary of 9/11 last month and it included an interesting perspective -- we're not too far away from a time where people won't be able to recall where they were on that date. College freshman right now were 11/12 when it happened.

That's when I'll really know I'm old. But I'm sure they'll be another devastating event within the near future that younger people can use as a reference point. We've gone too long without having one of those.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I was just at the grocery store. My gf bought some magazine with Paul Newman on the cover. The young man ringing us up said "What movies has that guy been in? He looks familiar but I can't figure out what he's been in." I thought he was joking, but sadly, he wasn't.

I don't know if that makes me feel old, but it might make some people here feel old. :P

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:23 AM)

I was on the first U-bahn train that went from West Berlin to East Berlin. I use the Berlin Wall as a point of reference frequently.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
Do you remember when people dressed up when they traveled by plane? We put on our Sunday best.

Nowadays, the girl next to you is in her slippers, pajama bottoms, t shirt, no make up and hair in a knot.

I never sit next to women my age or within 10 years of me, I always seem to get stuck next to a dude.

At our high school they have a pre-school program where the kids in Home Ec. get to teach the pre-schoolers and get class credit for it. My wife did this her sophmore year.

Just the other day we picked up the paper and saw one of the kids that she taught on the front page. He's now a Senior and will graduate next year.