4 players that went home AFTER getting to Tampa

klaus kinski

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 11, 2008 -> 09:40 AM)
So I ask you again, how important is this attitude stuff compared to ability? You did say that Broadway has to show a lot more ability to get a roster spot over someone like Wasserman. In other words you would take Wasserman's attitude over better performance from Broadway. This post seems to be more along the points that I've been saying.

And even though there was never a mention that any of these guys had a bad attitude while playing, did this one instance seal their fate? That other players will not look at the previous year or three, instead judge based on just the playoffs? Because what you would be saying is a year or two as a teammate is not as important as one playoff series when you are not on the team. Perhaps there is some merit to that statement.

They disrespected their teammates. If it wasn't a big deal, Farmer and Stone, a couple of guys who played in the major leagues wouldn't have gone on and on about what a mistake it was. Farmer and Cowley wouldn't have mentioned how it irked players and management. These three obviously have forgotten what a lot of players always remember. Wearing a major league uniform is a priviledge.

I ask you, what good does it do to go home? What good for your career does sitting on your ass do? I'm telling you, and you aren't buying, the guys who left had their status with their teammates go down a couple of pegs for not wanting to be with them.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 11, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
In rereading through the thread I think I've been really unclear.

[*]Players talk about the distractions of the playoffs. 25 men in the club house is normal, 35 is not.

The White Sox were so distracted with the extra players they were able to beat Cleveland, Detroit and Minnesota on consecutive nights to make it to the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 11, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
They disrespected their teammates. If it wasn't a big deal, Farmer and Stone, a couple of guys who played in the major leagues wouldn't have gone on and on about what a mistake it was. Farmer and Cowley wouldn't have mentioned how it irked players and management. These three obviously have forgotten what a lot of players always remember. Wearing a major league uniform is a priviledge.

I ask you, what good does it do to go home? What good for your career does sitting on your ass do? I'm telling you, and you aren't buying, the guys who left had their status with their teammates go down a couple of pegs for not wanting to be with them.

As I have said at least a dozen times, it did not do any good for those players.

I believe it did not do as much harm as you believe. Do you really believe that AJ gives a rat's ass about the AAAA guys and if they were sitting in the clubhouse?

Too bad the rest of the Barons didn't buy tickets to show their support.

BTW Dick, if you have known someone for a couple years, like him, thinks he's a good guy, and he makes one mistake, do you dump him and think he's a terrible person?

You seem to be forgetting these guys have been together for a year or two.They will have a long memory about these guys getting cut and leaving, but have immediately forgotten everything else they have done. That this also trumps anything on the field.

But OK Wasserman has made his career and Broadway et. al. careers have ended. Cool.

No, it didn't do any good for these players to leave.

No, it didn't do any harm as far as the playoffs go for these players to leave.

Still, it was a piss poor choice. They f***ed up and there will be a price these guys have to pay. They can overcome it, but they flat out sent the wrong message.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 04:49 AM)
No, it didn't do any good for these players to leave.

No, it didn't do any harm as far as the playoffs go for these players to leave.

Still, it was a piss poor choice. They f***ed up and there will be a price these guys have to pay. They can overcome it, but they flat out sent the wrong message.

Great summary. I just hope the price they have to pay doesn't hurt the team's chances. In fact, I'm wondering how they pay a price that isn't at the team's expense. It would seem we would want the best players on the field and the players on the team would want the best chance to win. So how exactly does AJ and the rest of the team

• not forget those guys left
  • keep the best team on the field
  • support the guys playing to play their best
  • make the three pay a price