Rex Kickass

Who won tonight's debate?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who won tonight's VP debate?

• Joe Biden
    • Sarah Palin
    • Nobody
    • People watching the Cubs/Dodgers game

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:16 AM)
When people talk about Palin being close to the White House it isnt because of assassination concerns, its because of his age. McCain isnt the candidate the Secret Service is worried about protecting IMO.

They did an actuary study on McCain and found no issues with him surviving a first term. The report went on to say that a second term would be iffy. So what was the headline? "McCain wouldn't survive second term!"

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine typed this up today. LOL

Sarah clearly showed that she's a part of a team of mavericks who're gonna do a bipartisan effort to say to the government, "hey hi ya there government, I was talking to hockey moms the other day and they don't like it that ya'r meddling with us, so get out of our lives government". Sarah is gonna use her skills as an oil and gas regulator to work with the Maverick to destroy the corruption on Wall Street.

What is that white-haired guy and that black guy gonna do? Ya know darn well what they're gonna do: they're gonna look at the past and play the finger-pointing game. Look at the past track record of that Obama guy and ya can't help but blame that guy for just raising taxes and keeping money from the troops.

As a mayor and a gas regulator, Sarah cared about getting things done, she didn't care who did it, whether it was a Republican or a conservative or some other guy. That's how Sarah will work with the Maverick too.

Sarah showed that despite having strong religious views, she comes from a diverse background with tolerance. I bet ya she even has relatives who know some gay guy. And she's done a bipartisan effort multiple times in bed to create a large middle class family that she has had to care for while being a gas and oil regulator, so she knows what it's like to sit around that kitchen table, loading yar rifle and thinking how great America is with its freedoms.

And yah, I know what some of the pundits gonna say, they gonna say she didn't answer some questions about the Maverick. But ya know, she's not from Washington, she may not always answer your questions, but she talks straight. She's a straight-talker, because that's what America needs now, someone talking straight to the American people, straight to their hearts.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
And I'm pissed that marriage is even regulated at all by the government. Marriage is a religious idea--civil unions are the legal idea. Let's leave marriage to the church.

I agree. But that isn't going to happen, unfortunately.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
And I'm pissed that marriage is even regulated at all by the government. Marriage is a religious idea--civil unions are the legal idea. Let's leave marriage to the church.

:notworthy totally agree.

but civil unions are discriminatory by nature as well. Until 2 people (any 2 people regardless of sexual orientation) can join together for the benefits of "the constitution"...it'll never be right.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
After watching the debate last week and the debate last night, I am confident now, more than ever, that Barack Obama is the next president of the united states. He torched McCain last week, and while Palin "held her own", she did nothing to reverse McCain's downward spiral. She may have stabilized it, but in no way turned it around.

He didn't torch McCain, take off your homer glasses. If Obama won last week merely by "showing up," then Palin won this round because she didn't sound like a complete moron, which was expected of her. Why is it that the liberal world can't be consistent?

Also, people keep saying Obama is going to destroy McCain, which he may well do. But the fact is Obama has had nothing but momentum in this election and yet he can't seperate. He had the world-wide tour with every media "journalist" on their knees with him, yet he couldn't pull away. He had the historical made-for-tv-moment in Denver at the convention, but couldn't pull away. And now supposedly he "torched" McCain in the first debate, yet he still can't pull away.

Face the facts people - this is going to be a close race decided by a couple of states (again).

Also, as a mild McCain supporter, no doubt I have my issues with Palin getting the Presidency. But to me I'll gamble that McCain can survive at least one term and that he'd be infinitely better than Obama. I'll worry about a possible Palin presidency in the next election.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
I agree. But that isn't going to happen, unfortunately.

It's just such a stupid debate. Seriously, I'm sure we have much better things to worry about.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)

Yes, but marriage is still legally binding financially for people, so the government will always regulate that partnership because of the termonology .

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:20 PM)
:notworthy totally agree.

but civil unions are discriminatory by nature as well. Until 2 people (any 2 people regardless of sexual orientation) can join together for the benefits of "the constitution"...it'll never be right.

Absolutely.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:20 AM)
and yet he can't seperate.

You haven't been reading the news or polls in the past week or so because he is pulling away and doing better in most battle ground states. McCain is already conceding Michigan and pulling staff from there.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
huh?

Palin is an overly assertive b****

McCain is too old

Republicans are rednecks

don't act like that's not going on right now. read the posts, go on facebook, etc.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:21 PM)
Yes, but marriage is still legally binding financially for people, so the government will always regulate that partnership because of the termonology .

I understand that, but I think that "legal binding" should be couched in terms of civil unions (for the government) not marriage. That way, religious folks can get married without having to deal with the government if they don't want to, and nonreligious folk can get their legal binding relationship.

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
Palin is an overly assertive b****

McCain is too old

Republicans are rednecks

don't act like that's not going on right now. read the posts, go on facebook, etc.

I don't see posts in here saying any of those things.

Palin isn't assertive anyway - she asserts nothing.

The only one of those three things I've seen brought up here is McCain's age. And MOST of us aren't saying its an issue of his ability to lead - its his ability to stay alive. And that is a real issue to consider. Not a dealbreaker IMO, but, at his age, it does amplify the importantance of his VP candidate, who is just terrible.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:20 AM)
He didn't torch McCain, take off your homer glasses. If Obama won last week merely by "showing up," then Palin won this round because she didn't sound like a complete moron, which was expected of her. Why is it that the liberal world can't be consistent?

Also, people keep saying Obama is going to destroy McCain, which he may well do. But the fact is Obama has had nothing but momentum in this election and yet he can't seperate. He had the world-wide tour with every media "journalist" on their knees with him, yet he couldn't pull away. He had the historical made-for-tv-moment in Denver at the convention, but couldn't pull away. And now supposedly he "torched" McCain in the first debate, yet he still can't pull away.

Face the facts people - this is going to be a close race decided by a couple of states (again).

Also, as a mild McCain supporter, no doubt I have my issues with Palin getting the Presidency. But to me I'll gamble that McCain can survive at least one term and that he'd be infinitely better than Obama. I'll worry about a possible Palin presidency in the next election.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20..._obama-225.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma...bama_vs_mccain/

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

http://pollster.com/

Don't forget that McCain has pulled out of Michigan.

Edited by StrangeSox

Yeah yeah, Gore was going to kill Bush, so was Kerry, McCain had no chance to be the Repub candidate, and Hillary was supposed to be the Dem candidate.

GMAFB. I'm not saying Obama won't win, but this nonsense about it being over on 10/3 is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
Yeah yeah, Gore was going to kill Bush, so was Kerry, McCain had no chance to be the Repub candidate, and Hillary was supposed to be the Dem candidate.

GMAFB. I'm not saying Obama won't win, but this nonsense about it being over on 10/3 is ridiculous.

Just don't say Obama can't separate when, clearly, that's what he's doing right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
I don't see posts in here saying any of those things.

Palin isn't assertive anyway - she asserts nothing.

The only one of those three things I've seen brought up here is McCain's age. And MOST of us aren't saying its an issue of his ability to lead - its his ability to stay alive. And that is a real issue to consider. Not a dealbreaker IMO, but, at his age, it does amplify the importantance of his VP candidate, who is just terrible.

In here, compared to many other places, nobody is going over the top with anything. Maybe a little overexcited at times, but that's to be expected.

Elsewhere, and you can easily apply this to supporters of ANY candidate, people are stupid, and pop off at the mouth.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
For basically the same exact reason the "conservative world" can't be consistent.

Ah the completely overbroad comeback. At least I was limiting it to this specific issue.

I'm just saying that liberals somehow think the two are consistent:

1) Obama won the first debate because he put together two complete sentences regarding international policy.

2) Palin lost big time even though she was supposed to come out drooling and wetting herself for 1.5 hours but didn't.