OC and the antics

hi8is

I applaud him and completely want this kind of stuff going on.

Seriously. Think about it. It's a huge situation and he's facing a young pitcher.

He was just trying to rattle him and rally our team. Thats leadership.

Did it work? No.... but don't castrate a man for trying.

Good job OC - keep up that intensity!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:54 AM)
I missed the game so I have to ask...what antics are you refering to???? In game antics??? stepping in and out of the box and stuff like that????

Try kicking dirt at the pitcher and yelling at him to throw a strike. Then striking out. I don't care what he does as long as he gets a hit. That was THE situation he was brought for.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:48 AM)
OC looked like a complete buffoon yesterday. No way around it.

He did, but he's willing to risk that and that risk taking, that putting your balls on the line, is what I like. There are a few guys not named Javy that seem to want to be there. Javy wished he played for the Royals.

I totally approve of what he did-actually I wished he would have stepped out and asked for time just after it-to irritate that clown even more. Unfortunatly his own emotions made him swing at a bad pitch. But thats Cabrera-an actual visual leader

Point is-there was fire there-may it spread to his teammates today.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:18 AM)
Maybe on MLB Power Pros. I don't think Javy wants anything to do with baseball at all anymore. I almost think he's throwing his games just so he can end it all and go retire.

I think he would enjoy pitching some gems for a team that is eliminated leaving Spring training. No pressure, like a softball and beer league for millionaires.

i had no problem with what he did. balfour was out of line.

now, would it have been more powerful if he didn't subsequently strike out with the bases loaded? sure. but the idea was the right one.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
By firing up the other team instead??

I see it the same as a manager getting tossed just to get his team fired up. Or maybe Pierzynski "willing" a fielders interference. The Rays have been in a lot of team's grills this year and it's good to see a veteran team try to get under the skin of a young team. Did it work? We'll see tonight. It has just as much of a chance to backfire, but so what, no one picked the Sox to win this series anyway (besides fathom).

He did, but he's willing to risk that and that risk taking, that putting your balls on the line, is what I like. There are a few guys not named Javy that seem to want to be there. Javy wished he played for the Royals.

Agreed. And maybe the Sox can further use that to their advantage for the rest of the series... but getting a hit in the next situation would be nice...

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 02:33 AM)
I applaud him and completely want this kind of stuff going on.

Seriously. Think about it. It's a huge situation and he's facing a young pitcher.

He was just trying to rattle him and rally our team. Thats leadership.

Did it work? No.... but don't castrate a man for trying.

Good job OC - keep up that intensity!

IIRC Balfour is 30 years old.