The blackout continues

whitesoxfan101

Brooks Boyer just said on WSCR that all fans should continue to wear black throughout the postseason, the White Sox are calling it the "rolling blackout". Keep that in mind if you are heading to the Cell for game 3 and/or 4! They are also giving away white rally towels for both games as a contrast to the hopefully 40 thousand black shirts.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (rventura23 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
I liked the blackout, it provided a great atmosphere

White towels would be interesting, I thought about that during the last game because you couldnt really see the black towels

At the game, I noticed the black towels alot. White would be easier for tv though I'd say.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Yeah, what's with the cowbells. You are in a dome as it is, you can't make enough noise by yelling?

The ONLY cool thing about that was it came directly out of one of the greatest SNL skits.

They need to tell the fans to only wave the white when Rays are up. It could really baffle our hitters, the white with the white ball. Why they wouldn't just hand out White sox is beyond me. White Sox giveway would be special; white towels is copycat of the Twinks.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Anyone think the Sox should give away...um...WHITE SOCKS instead of rally towels? I don't know, call me crazy, but I think that might work pretty well. Or make the top black and the toe white?

I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'.

They did this in 2000 vs Seattle, it was lame!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:53 PM)
They need to tell the fans to only wave the white when Rays are up. It could really baffle our hitters, the white with the white ball. Why they wouldn't just hand out White sox is beyond me. White Sox giveway would be special; white towels is copycat of the Twinks.

I don't think the twins invented white towels at a baseball game.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
At least we aren't resorting to lame cowbells or God forbid, thundersticks. Then again, we are not the side of town that lacks noise at baseball games.

The excessively loud, crappy techno music is annoying enough over the radio. I couldn't imagine having to be there in person.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 08:11 AM)
Isnt it a little counter productive to hand out white towels in a blackout?That was the whole point to handing out black towels in the first blackout so they would see nothing but black.

I think they felt the black towels were somewhat counterproductive because they really couldnt be seen against the black background

I was thinking that maybe the Sox should switch opening themes from "thunderstruck" to "Back in Black". It would be fitting, and Im sure the crowd would react

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
I think they felt the black towels were somewhat counterproductive because they really couldnt be seen against the black background

I was thinking that maybe the Sox should switch opening themes from "thunderstruck" to "Back in Black". It would be fitting, and Im sure the crowd would react

Well, my main problem with switching to white towels is that we won with the black towels. You do not change anything in this type of situation. And switching the opening theme would be the same thing.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
Well, my main problem with switching to white towels is that we won with the black towels. You do not change anything in this type of situation. And switching the opening theme would be the same thing.

I dont know, they used that theme through 2006 and 2007, and it didnt seem to change things.

Since when did you get so superstitious?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
Yeah, what's with the cowbells. You are in a dome as it is, you can't make enough noise by yelling?

Even though it's a dome and so it gets loud easy, I was at both of the last games and it was crazy loud. Didn't help matters much that I was flanked by my Rays fan wife and byddy who both had the cowbells going in my ears.

As bad as these last two losses were for y'all to see on teevee a home, trust me, they were much worse suffering through them live.