whitesox247

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
We better scorte some freaking runs in the first 3 innings or I am going to blow up here

well as long as you blow up there and not here... i dont want to have to clean up your mess........ :D

Wright has tremendous stuff, he doesn't have great control. 

I also concur that this lineup is horrible.

Jason, would you say that Wright doesn't have enough pitches to be a starter? I think I've heard people say that before, but never knew how true that statement was.

I still Hate Konerko, He still sucks.... And I wouldn't say that Wright has tremendous stuff. Prior has tremendous stuff, wright has decent stuff but is very erratic and leaves his pitches up. Walks alot as well.

Konerko doesn't suck, and Wright is still very young. Not a huge surprise that he can be erratic.

Wright has tremendous stuff, he doesn't have great control. 

I also concur that this lineup is horrible.

Jason, would you say that Wright doesn't have enough pitches to be a starter? I think I've heard people say that before, but never knew how true that statement was.

Wright has two types of fastballs and the knuckle curve. I'm not sure what else he throws, but I also think I've seen him use some change-ups this year.

To me thats enough pitches, but it really depends on the quality of them. When he throws strikes he's pretty much un-hittable and he has tons of stamina.

I love the fastball (One cuts in one cuts out) as well as the knuckle curve. I'm trying to think if he throws a slider and he may very well, but off the top of my mind I remember it as being something he throws once in a great while.

Move him to the pen and he'll be a stud. In the rotation I think he could turn into one, but its a lot more of a risk.

Either way I don't want him going anywhere. Teams don't hit him.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Konerko doesn't suck, and Wright is still very young.  Not a huge surprise that he can be erratic.

lol.. all that brought to you by the resident kip wells fan.......... :rolleyes:

Konerko doesn't suck, and Wright is still very young.  Not a huge surprise that he can be erratic.

Agreed. PK can still turn things around. Right now I'd say that Carlos Lee is the guy I want moved.

Then the Sox can have Everett and Daubbie in left while they rotate with Konerko at DH with Thomas playing first 70% of the time.

Harris and Rowand will split time in center.

Against lefties Aaron and Konerko would play every time and most likely Everett would play over Daubach while Graffy would play for either Alomar or Valentin every time they played a lefty.

I am also one of the folks that thinks Wright has excellent pitch selection, but he doesnt always select the right pitches. He is still young, but I'd like to see some consistency from him. He has been given a spot in the rotation for 2+ years now, lets see him act like he wants to stay there

Agreed.  PK can still turn things around.  Right now I'd say that Carlos Lee is the guy I want moved.

Then the Sox can have Everett and Daubbie in left while they rotate with Konerko at DH with Thomas playing first 70% of the time. 

Harris and Rowand will split time in center. 

Against lefties Aaron and Konerko would play every time and most likely Everett would play over Daubach while Graffy would play for either Alomar or Valentin every time they played a lefty.

I don't agree with moving Carlos Lee quite yet. I like how he forces the issue on a lot of things. Some people may not like it, but I do.

I am also one of the folks that thinks Wright has excellent pitch selection, but he doesnt always select the right pitches. He is still young, but I'd like to see some consistency from him. He has been given a spot in the rotation for 2+ years now, lets see him act like he wants to stay there

We all have to remember one thing. Wright went from a mediocre college pitcher to the majors in an incredibly short time.

This guy really is still learning at the majors. This is also his first full season (Although he was out for a while with the injury). There is no way the Sox should give up on him or Garland.

I still think Ponson would be an awesome pickup, but his value goes up every day the Sox wait.

Lets just say we dissagree, Konerko makes 6 million and is batting under 200. He sucks. I would like him off the team. I realize Wrights age, Prior is yound as well, so is willis. Both are better and have tremnedous stuff. I am not trying to argue with you, I took exception to the tremendous comment.

Konerko still sucks

Guest hotsoxchick1
Kip would look damn good in a White Sox uni.

as long as he had a pitts jersey over the top of it........ ;) as for your paulie turning things around comment.. the only thing paulie can turn is a door knob and hopefully he wont let the door part hit him in the ass on the way out.........

Lets just say we dissagree, Konerko makes 6 million and is batting under 200. He sucks. I would like him off the team. I realize Wrights age, Prior is yound as well, so is willis. Both are better and have tremnedous stuff. I am not trying to argue with you, I took exception to the tremendous comment.

Konerko still sucks

The big thing with PK is he's over-paid. Sox are giving this guy 8 mill a year long term and when your not paying big bucks they can't afford that.

You move that contract then they could sign a top notch shortstop (Matsui or Tejada) and maybe just maybe at a pretty good reliever in the offseason.

I'd take that over Konerko who could be replaced much easier then finding a very good shortstop.