**Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Philadelphia Phillies NLCS Thread**

Brian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but the Dodgers are stacked for the playoffs. Past Hamels, all the Philly pitchers are susceptible to the big inning, and the Dodgers feast off of those. The Phillies also have the least consistent big hitters in baseball (Howard, a somewhat injured Utley)... it's no contest.

Dodgers in 5.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Gonna be a great series.

Really like both teams but would prefer to see the Dodgers in the World Series.

It really is a great matchup, but i'd give the Phillies the edge due to the strong infield core, and semi-comparable OF (to the Dodgers, i mean) The only place where the Dodgers have the clear edge is in LF, and C. Their backend of the rotation is also clearly superior, but that matters little in a playoff rotation. I, also, think it would be hilarious for Cubs fans to see the Dodgers just get destroyed. Leaving them to wonder was it really just us?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
Lowe is making himself a s***load of money.

And Chase Utley with the great big "f*** YOU!"

Between Lowe and Manny Scott Boras is going to make an awful lot of money this offseason just off Dodgers alone.

what a stupid move by Manuel. Why would you take out Hammels for a bunt? If Hammels is any type of baseball player, he should easily be able to lay down a bunt, and when a pitcher is going good, you don't take him out, especially in the postseason. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm glad Taguchi popped up the bunt and made an out. In fact, for such a stupid move, I hope the Phillies lose.