Tampa Rays @ Chicago White Sox 4:05 pm CT

kman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
I'm not even upset right now. The White Sox were a good team this year, but not a great one. We are lucky to get this far, and a divisional championship is something to be proud of. It's not like we were a 100 win team with a great rotation and lights out pen. This simply isn't our year. Anyone else feel the same?

Yes......I'm very happy with how this season went regardless of how this ends. I think expectations will be big this offseason and depending on what we do, I believe everyone here will have HUGE expecations for the 2009 team.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
I'm not even upset right now. The White Sox were a good team this year, but not a great one. We are lucky to get this far, and a divisional championship is something to be proud of. It's not like we were a 100 win team with a great rotation and lights out pen. This simply isn't our year. Anyone else feel the same?

deep down everyone feels the same. Just go back and read the threads from the first 2 games in Cleveland. No one wouldve expected a division title back then.

As a fan, I simply cannot adopt the "We should be proud. We were picked to finish 4th and won our division. It was a successful season" talk. This is Chicago. Not Kansas City. Losing in the first round will never be vied as a good season to me. And especially after 2005, nothing but a title should suffice. This team is not just flawed, they're terribly flawed. Now I will rightfully admit that we're in a much better situation than we were this time a year ago. But there's still lots of work to be done.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
I'm upset because White Sox baseball is over and I love baseball season, especially in April, May, and June. Otherwise I'm proud of this team, they exceeded my expectations, but I'll just be sad to see their season over.

Same here. I live and breathe baseball, so the offseason is torturous for me. Hot Stove league should be interesting though.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 12:39 AM)
how long have we been harping on this organization to get us some fast+high OBP guys, a leadoff hitter, and a CF and it never happens, year after year?

Be careful what you wish for. I don't want to see Taveras in CF next season, while we give up all of our trade chips for one year of Chone.