Good riddance OC

fathom

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
Please decline arbitration, and go sign with the Twins. Please don't get hurt over the next two months. You're one of the most unlikeable Sox players of my lifetime. I can't wait to hear all the negative stories come out after you leave town.

How about this: Welcome to SS Alexei Ramirez!!!

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
How about this: Welcome to SS Alexei Ramirez!!!

haha i didnt even have to look at who created this thread to know....

that said, im not at all excited to see alexei at short...id rather keep him at 2b and look for a SS instead

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
How about good riddance OC, Crede, Javy, and Swisher. I wouldn't mind Griffey back as a 4th OF and pinch hitter for a couple million. His regular playing days appear over.

Swisher OTOH = see ya later you smiley asshole.

I want Griffey nowhere near the 2009 Sox, as I don't trust Ozzie to use him effectively.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
I want Griffey nowhere near the 2009 Sox, as I don't trust Ozzie to use him effectively.

I'd love to see Griffey in Minnesota. He could train Carlos Gomez!!!1

Sigh, only in my wildest dreams...

BTW, IMO there were three giant plays that hurt us (aside from our pathetic offense against that Sonnencrap):

1) Gavin's horrible pitch to Upton for his 2nd HR

2) Floyd walking Crawford to lead off the inning

3) OC's dumbass throw

Floyd I can definitely forgive. He pitched a better game than his line will show and we wouldn't be here without him. OC however has been doing this stupid s*** all year. GTFO Cabrera. Take your money and show off your "gold glove defense" and "smart style of play" elsewhere.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
A guy who is often seen loosening up the boys, dancing with other players before games, and the first to celebrate another's home run. He shows more passion than most of the rest of the team combined. It's a lack of that that we often complain about from other players. What a cancer.

I agree. Managers can't always be leaders or else the team fails. In 2005, we had Crash and Everett as well as El Duque. We haven't had that since, and that's why it seems like our team just doesn't give it's full effort at times.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:34 PM)
Griffey won't be around. The bigger question is whether or not Brian Anderson and Fields will be, along with Swisher and Vazquez.

i hope Anderson stays and starts in CF worst case 4th OF

Also maybe Thome will Retire,but hey good year CQ,floyd,BIG GAME Danks,A-RAm what good young TALENT :gosox3:

I'm not going to miss him but he's a pretty good ball player. I don't know how Swisher could be traded without KW getting the absolute right package for him, though I do have a gut feeling Vazquez will be dealt. Once a player gets in Ozzie's doghouse, he has to work his ass off to even see the sunlight again (and that player is Brian Anderson).

But good bye OC, I hope we get some sweet draft picks for you.