Off-Season Suggestion Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:08 AM)
so you trade 3 prospects for swisher, and then trade swisher at the lowest possible value he could have. I'll pass.

Agreed...I want to see Dye either traded or at DH, put CQ in RF, and let Swisher play LF and bat 7th.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:10 AM)
I think the Sox should try for Hudson to play 2B and leadoff....

He's not a leadoff hitter, he wants 12 mil a year, and the Yankees are set on acquiring him. Why not sign Grudz for a year (as we wait for Beckham's era to start), and save the money for other positions.

I have a scary thought for you. Nick Punto is a FA. Let that sink in for a second. Pray we don't pick him up, because he is "perceived to be " good against us. Its the KC Royals Bullpen effect. Bad, but good against us.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:18 AM)
I have a scary thought for you. Nick Punto is a FA. Let that sink in for a second. Pray we don't pick him up, because he is "perceived to be " good against us. Its the KC Royals Bullpen effect. Bad, but good against us.

I've been saying that for a while, you cheater! Thankfully, I heard Punto might extend with the Twins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
I've been saying that for a while, you cheater! Thankfully, I heard Punto might extend with the Twins.

I hope the Twins go after OC, we get their first round pick. I just dont want to see Mr. Punto make an appearance on the southside.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)

That thought actually came across my mind, until I got to thinking about other bad player that play good againist us.

Get more speed, younger would be nice...

Let OC go, he's a prima donna and a playoff dud, deal Javvy, deal or let go 2 of our 3 designated hitters, find a 3rd baseman, 2nd baseman (if ARam moves to SS), Centerfielder.

We may need to trade guys we otherwise would like to keep (Konerko, Dye) to get some new pieces in place. Our division is rebuilding...the Royals are slowly getting there, the Twins are already close and getting better...we have enough names that we could restructure our team from all or nothing to one of better average, more speed, with a reduction in power.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (DaGame2584 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:23 AM)
Really!? Where would Hardy play? I was thinking maybe Weeks and some others.

Hardy at SS, and Alexei at 2B. I actually think Weeks could be the type of guy KW goes after. I've watched a lot of Brewers games, and Weeks sucks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
People to target, besides the obvious Hudson/C.C./Blake/Furcal/Figgins:

- Grudz

- Brandon Phillips

- Rickie Weeks

- Alexi Rios

- Fred Lewis

Grudz would be a great stopgap, especially since Getz is ready should something go wrong. I'd rather have Grudz for one year on the cheap with a team option for a second, and not pay out draft picks, than bring in Hudson on a 5-year $65 million deal or whatever it will take to land him. Hudson is a great player, but that money would be better off spent in other areas. Then again he appears to be one of Kenny's guys, so I expect a serious run.

I LOVES me some Alex Rios. If KW could find a way to trick JP Retardi into giving him up for another all-or-nothing pitcher like Javy Vaquez and a couple overrated prospects I would jump for joy. I doubt he's dealt though. He'd be our CF for a long time.

Rickie Weeks, no thank you. I've seen too much of him to know that I don't ever want him on my team.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Grudz would be a great stopgap, especially since Getz is ready should something go wrong. I'd rather have Grudz for one year on the cheap with a team option for a second, and not pay out draft picks, then bring in Hudson on a 5-year $65 million deal or whatever it will take to land him. Hudson is a great player, but that money would be better off spent in other areas. Then again he appears to be one of Kenny's guys, so I expect a serious run.

I LOVES me some Alex Rios. If KW could find a way to trick JP Retardi into giving him up for another all-or-nothing pitcher like Javy Vaquez and a couple overrated prospects I would jump for joy. I doubt he's dealt though. He'd be our CF for a long time.

Rickie Weeks, no thank you. I've seen too much of him to know that I don't ever want him on my team.

Didn't Rios just get $100 million from Toronto??

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Didn't Rios just get $100 million from Toronto??

From Wikipedia:

Rios has agreed to a six-year contract extension with the Blue Jays through 2014 for $64 million. It also has an option for 2015 that would make the deal $77.5 million.

That's a fabulous contract. He's coming off a bad year, but I doubt even the idiot in Toronto is dumb enough to trade him.