Thread for "Crazy Kenny" moves involving players 3+ years pa

caulfield12

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
ah. no big deal. You never know. You could have been legit. Some people have an Anderson hardon.

Agreed. Man, it makes me so sad to say the Crede wont be at 3B next year. he had so much potential. Coudl have been a stable here for the next 10 years. But, he just cant hold up.

I'd be very happy with Atkins. Is he for sale or a FA?

Trade...there was a lot of talk in the 2nd half about the Rockies, who they would keep and who they would shed.

I always worry about NL players making the adjustment their first season in the far-superior AL...seems the numbers over there are too inflated to trust in terms of instant translation into AL numbers. The talent and pitching in the AL is just not comparable at this point in time, although I never thought I'd live to see the day where NL teams were averaging better offensive output than many AL teams without a DH. Just a symptom of bad pitching over there, mostly.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
neither Wilson nor Kotsay should be anywhere near the leadoff spot for a team at any time in the future

Who thought Swisher would be leading off in 2008? Anything can or will happen with Kenny.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
Trade...there was a lot of talk in the 2nd half about the Rockies, who they would keep and who they would shed.

I always worry about NL players making the adjustment their first season in the far-superior AL...seems the numbers over there are too inflated to trust in terms of instant translation into AL numbers. The talent and pitching in the AL is just not comparable at this point in time, although I never thought I'd live to see the day where NL teams were averaging better offensive output than many AL teams without a DH. Just a symptom of bad pitching over there, mostly.

Especially when you talk about the Coors field environment thrown in as another variable. No matter how big of a hitters park the Cell is, We've seen enough guys be "Coors field studs" that you have to worry about that when dealing with the Rockies.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
Especially when you talk about the Coors field environment thrown in as another variable. No matter how big of a hitters park the Cell is, We've seen enough guys be "Coors field studs" that you have to worry about that when dealing with the Rockies.

Just looked up Atkin's Home / Away stats for the last 3 years.

Home:

891 AB

308 H

.346 AVG

34 HR (1 HR ever 26 AB)

65 Doubles (1 double every 13.7 AB)

Away:

927 AB

247 H

.266 AVG

41 HR (1 HR every 22.6 AB)

50 Doubles (1 double every 18.54 AB)

So, interesting. His slugging average goes up at home due to the doubles (spacious gaps at Coors), but he averages more homeruns on the road. He isnt horrible away from Coors.

This would be his projected stats playing 162 games away from Coors:

600 AB

160 Hits

0.267 AVG

27 HR

32 Doubles

These are actually close to Crede in 2006 (his best year as a member of the Sox)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (MO2005 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
Who thought Swisher would be leading off in 2008? Anything can or will happen with Kenny.

The dude can draw walks and it was pretty much a consensus on Soxtalk that he was the best option for a leadoff hitter. Wilson can't and is just a pretty all around terrible hitter and Kotsay is way past his prime.

QUOTE (MO2005 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)

Except it makes sense to put a high OBP player like 2007 Nick Swisher at the top of a lineup. Mark Kotsay is a bottom of the order hitter who is perpetually injured and Jack Wilson just sucks at hitting, he's what you'd call a #8 or #9 guy. Kenny is unpredictable, not retarded.

Also, hitting your second best hitter 9th is just moronic. Your #9 hitter will typically get about 140 fewer PA than your leadoff hitter over the course of a season, that's sort of the reason why you put your best hitters at the top, so they get the most opportunities to do damage.