Obama/McCain Round 2

BigSqwert

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Bad wording, but good point. Just because factcheck.org (or Snopes, or wikipedia, etc.) says something is or is not true does not necessarily mean it is or is not true.

What's going on here? We talking about the bible again?

Should be fun tonight. One of the news channels went back to Bush/Clinton in 92 and think that is where Clinton won it. He was much more comfortable and roaming and approached the audience member and made them feel important while Bush was distant and didn't look comfortable.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
By the way, I finally managed to watch most of the first debate recently. Nothing earth-shattering, nothing really new. As I may have noted recently, no one really "won".

But one thing did stick out, and it bothered me. It was the way they treated each other. Obama referred to Senator McCain as "John", and addressed him directly, a lot of the time. McCain on the other hand, referred to Obama with general phrasing and never made eye contact. Its like McCain had no respect for sharing the stage with him.

This is yet another picture of the way the McCain campaign has turned me off in recent months, and IMO, why many independents are moving to Obama. Its a lack of respect for anyone or anything that doesn't toe the conservative line. Which is disturbing to see from McCain, who I had previously seen as someone more likely to be truly willing to be a "maverick". There is nothing maverick or independent about this version of McCain.

Exactly. For someone who talks about being able to work both sides of the aisle...he sure does brush off his opponent pretty quickly, eh?

I was watching Meet the Press on Sunday, and the pundits (2 from NBC, Gwen Ifill, a political reporter from Des Moines and an author) pretty much agreed that whoever takes the high road FIRST is probably going to go on to "win" the debate. This campaign is dipping into mudslinging so fast and with the state of the union right now, this isn't what the country needs.

Whoops...Obama just made my point.

I still don't understand why we can't have a combination of the two. Every child under 17 has free health care...adults are more on their own.

Edited by CanOfCorn