Who Won Debate #2?

HuskyCaucasian

Town-Hall Results  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who WOn the Second Presidential Debate?

• McCain
    • Obama
    • Tie

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
I'm a big-time Obama fan, but I'm starting to get my fill of the bias towards him by a few members who post non-stop around here. Ugh. I can't wait for election night, I'm having a big time party.

I personally lean towards Obama myself. I do see a lot of biased views here too, but, what I respect about soxtalk is most posters backup their candidate on views/issues. In the real world, I run into way too many people who vote based on party loyalty, gender, race and/or personality.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
I need a high quality high-def feed!

Comcast 191. WTTWD.

And they have Jim Lehrer on after it with a fantastic NON-BIASED panel. The guest panel is usually balanced like last night. They had a Dubya speechwriter and a Clinton speechwriter (who was awful).

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 09:14 AM)
Comcast 191. WTTWD.

And they have Jim Lehrer on after it with a fantastic NON-BIASED panel. The guest panel is usually balanced like last night. They had a Dubya speechwriter and a Clinton speechwriter (who was awful).

Thanks for the tip. For the final debate, I'll put it on 191.

honestly i thought both failed. What a terrible, terrible waste of 1.5 hours. Anyone who has heard the names "Obama" and "McCain" knew everything they were going to say tonight. Not a single new piece of information was discussed, except McCain's mortgage bailout, but even that got about 30 seconds in 1.5 hours. Instead both candidates attacked each other a little about not-so-important things, totally failed to fully explain their true positions, and then defended their points by simply attacking the other person again.

I'm more pissed at Tom Brokaw. What piss poor questions to ask. 1) they were the same questions as the 1st debate, by and large. It's fine to ask a "what do you think of the bailout and how it will work," but we got the same questions about the economy, healthcare, russia, iran, etc. Boring. 2) Why can't we get some actual character questions? Who are your role models? Why would you be a good manager? How does faith play a role in your life, if at all? What effects your decision making? Or what about other issues? Immigration anyone?

And I was angry at the fact that both guys said that every issue that was discussed was the most pressing of our time, or the most difficult task of our generation. Sorry, no. Stop making it seem like the world is going to end if you don't get elected.

I voted tie (I'm probably voting for Obama or 3rd party candidate), although it was more of a no-winner situation than a tie. If that makes sense.

I thought both of them had some fumbles. Obama still came across as rather distant and McCain came off as kind of a jerk (That one, loaded with goodies, etc). Neither won anything, but neither hugely screwed up.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
honestly i thought both failed. What a terrible, terrible waste of 1.5 hours. Anyone who has heard the names "Obama" and "McCain" knew everything they were going to say tonight. Not a single new piece of information was discussed, except McCain's mortgage bailout, but even that got about 30 seconds in 1.5 hours. Instead both candidates attacked each other a little about not-so-important things, totally failed to fully explain their true positions, and then defended their points by simply attacking the other person again.

I'm more pissed at Tom Brokaw. What piss poor questions to ask. 1) they were the same questions as the 1st debate, by and large. It's fine to ask a "what do you think of the bailout and how it will work," but we got the same questions about the economy, healthcare, russia, iran, etc. Boring. 2) Why can't we get some actual character questions? Who are your role models? Why would you be a good manager? How does faith play a role in your life, if at all? What effects your decision making? Or what about other issues? Immigration anyone?

And I was angry at the fact that both guys said that every issue that was discussed was the most pressing of our time, or the most difficult task of our generation. Sorry, no. Stop making it seem like the world is going to end if you don't get elected.

No s***, not to mention Brokaw's last question was one of the worst questions I could imagine. I think the only interesting question was "do you think the failing economy will end America's role as peacemaker". It wasn't answered very well, of course.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
No s***, not to mention Brokaw's last question was one of the worst questions I could imagine. I think the only interesting question was "do you think the failing economy will end America's role as peacemaker". It wasn't answered very well, of course.

"What don't you know, and how would you go learn it" or something like that.

Obama gave an answer worthy of being followed up with my sig quote, McCain then did his best to top Obama's gibberish factor after that.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)

Exactly. McCain says earlier in the debate that he froze his campaign to help with the bailout bill, which indicates he can't do more than one thing at a time, then later says, I think we can get all these things done at the same time. I'm sure there's examples of Obama doing the same thing, but that one definitely jumped out at me.

Maybe next week's will be different. I like Bob Schieffer much better than Brokaw, but we'll see. Is next week's debate back to the other format?

I'd be in favor of a woman moderating the debates again. Couric gives woman news journalists such a bad name, why not let another woman showcase their abilities so they can get recognition and be more represented in the late night news programs so rooted in the past.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
I'd be in favor of a woman moderating the debates again. Couric gives woman news journalists such a bad name, why not let another woman showcase their abilities so they can get recognition and be more represented in the late night news programs so rooted in the past.

Like who?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
Obama won. Even if it was a 'tie', still a win for Obama. He has a big lead. I thought McCain had a terrible performance. This election is all but over already.

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!!!