Who will regress in 2k9?

southsider2k5

Which surprise of 2008 will falter in 2009?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which surprise of 2008 will falter in 2009?

• John Danks
    • Gavin Floyd
    • Carlos Quentin
    • Alexei Ramirez

Prior to this season, John Danks had never pitched more than 130 innings.

This year, Danks pitched 200+ innings. Typically, you're putting a pitcher at elevated injury risk if you inflate his innings load by more than about 30 or so per year, give or take. We're well outside the margin of error.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 06:17 AM)
If I had to say who was going to regress next year, I'd tell you Jermaine Dye, but we have already begun to see his regression since 06.

uh...

05 - .845 OPS

06 - 1.007 OPS

07 - .803 OPS

08 - .885 OPS

/scratches head

The old guys will, Thome, Konerko, AJ, Crede, JD, Buerhle, Javy -- They all need to be traded

The guys that had career years. CQ, A-Ram, Danks, Gavin etc. Trade them while their values are highest

Some of the guys like Jenks who just kind of stayed the same, are probably ready to decline. Trade them.

Great sarcasm. Trade everybody.

We could go to every roster and say the same about their players. Memo to all teams: Trave everybody, your guys are either too old, or playing well and are at their optimum value. Trade 'em.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 07:17 AM)
the poll options for this are terrible. Players generally get better with age, and while all four of these players had great seasons that will be tough to duplicate, that doesn't mean if they don't have as good or better seasons statistically next year that they have regressed.

If I had to say who was going to regress next year, I'd tell you Jermaine Dye, but we have already begun to see his regression since 06.

sorry buddy, but MANY rookies experience a sophomore slump. so you're looking at both Quentin AND Lexi there.

Danks may avoid it, being as this WAS his 2nd year and he's solid, but i also think Gavin will regress a tad as well.

I got w/ TCQ, Lexi and Gavin. All regressing

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
sorry buddy, but MANY rookies experience a sophomore slump. so you're looking at both Quentin AND Lexi there.

Danks may avoid it, being as this WAS his 2nd year and he's solid, but i also think Gavin will regress a tad as well.

I got w/ TCQ, Lexi and Gavin. All regressing

Quentin wasn't a rookie.