My fandom questioned

Harry Chappas

I really enjoy it when the "entire" stadium gets up on 2 strikes, but I don't give anybody a hard time if they don't. Now, if you would have been like the guy I sat in front of at Soldier Field and telling them to sit down, that's uncool. By the way, that guy told us to sit down while we were chearing a Thomas Jones touchdown! :chair

I love people that tell you to sit down. I was at the ISU/SIU bball game here at ISU last year and some older Saluki couple yelled at me to sit down when I stood up to cheer with a minute left in the game as ISU was running down the clock for the victory.

Well, I guess my depth perception is super off. I can usually tell home run or pop fly to the outfield. But I'll be damned If I don't think every foul ball is headed my way.

But as for the situation at hand, I'm too used to college football where there is pretty much a job to being a fan. A need to make home field as intimidating as possible, and I've found I've taken that into other professional sports. So I probably would've been the people standing up at every situation too and yelling and pumpin my arms up and all that. Seems a little strange after all the big game threads talking abotu how loud and crazy our fans were and then so many posts in this thread laughing at people who were so loud and hyped.

Times I stand up

Any concert where the music is loud enough to not hear the person next to you

Any type of fight of altercation

9th inning of a no-hitter or world series/playoff game (final batteror last minute of game your team is winning is ok especially with 2 strikes)

hot chick leaves sitting view

national anthemn

after that it is all aribitrary if you ask me

There's no reason for anyone to tell someone else that. It's pretty disrespectful.

I was at the tiebreaker game and I was pretty into it. I would also say it wasn't artificial excitement. I always get loud with runners on and our big bats coming up or after our pitchers are 1 strike away from striking out the side or getting out of a jam. Late in the game every out just gets me that much more into it. If the people next to me don't get up it doesn't bother me, but there's also no reason for someone to tell someone else to sit down unless they have no ballpark etiquette (standing up and shuffling all game long, being loud obnoxious cursing up a storm, etc).

I don't mind when people are going crazy with one out in the top of the first, cause after all noise at home is good, but I think I've watched the game long enough to know when it really matters, and that is when I willleave my seat. There have been games during my tenure as a ticketholder where I've sat through the entire 3 hours without saying a word, and only left my seat for a polish w/ grilled onions, and vice versa.