FYI - GBeck has a blog about playing in the AFL

scenario

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)

touche... but the first step is still coming up together at the same time ;)

I've been critical of KW and the scouting department the past two years, but they have really taken a couple big steps in the right direction. I remember I hated the Poreda pick at the time (mainly because we passed on Porcello), but I am starting to really like it (especially if his mechanics are cleaned up and he continues to develop his secondary pitches).

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
touche... but the first step is still coming up together at the same time ;)

I've been critical of KW and the scouting department the past two years, but they have really taken a couple big steps in the right direction. I remember I hated the Poreda pick at the time (mainly because we passed on Porcello), but I am starting to really like it (especially if his mechanics are cleaned up and he continues to develop his secondary pitches).

This year's going to be an interesting year...because in addition to having our own pick in the late 20's, it looks like at the worst we're going to be holding on to 2-3 sandwich picks and an extra late 1/early 2, unless we sign a Type a FA & lose our #1. Gives us a shot at turning Uribe and Cabrera in to multiple first round level guys, if we do the scouting well. Following up a year where we got basically a top 10 pick and a top 30 pick (by spending the money on Danks), that's a really quick way to pull off a rebuild, especially given the miracles KW pulled off with Alexei and God.

Ha, spectacular, he reads Soxtalk.

Hope he enjoys overreaction.

BTW, It'd be pretty f***ing awesome if we had a lineup that include Danks, Quentin, Beckham and Alexei in a couple of years. And a staff anchored by Buehrle, Danks and Floyd. That'd be swell.

Hello everyone! I hope this letter finds everyone safe and well. So, as many of you don't know, I am a big fan of Seinfeld. For any of you that have not seen some episodes, it's a show about nothing. So in the spirit of Seinfeld, this blog will be about nothing but encompass everything.

First I would like to say thank you to the many readers, and for all your kind words. I recently visited the Soxtalk website thanks to a comment below my last post. I want everyone on that forum to know that I, as well as many of the other minor leaguers, really appreciate your support. It is my sincere hope that I can give you guys some good things to talk about someday on the Pale Hose forum. By the way, every time I hear the phrase "pale hose", I always think about the movie Major League II. Bob Ueker (no idea how to spell that) states that the Tribe will play the "Pale Hosers from the windy city", makes me laugh. Anyways, thanks again for your support. As I am sure you know, none of the White Sox players ever want to let the fans down. But, as I'm sure you know, this is Baseball. It is quite possibly the most difficult and frustrating game anyone can play. When in life do you fail seven out of ten times and still be considered good? Never. That is the measure of a difficult game. But to quote Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own, "Baseball is something that gets inside you, it's what lights you up. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it. The hard is what makes it great."

Danks is the guest blogger

Guest Blogger: Jordan Danks

Hey everyone, my name is Jordan Danks and I am a 22 year old outfielder in the White Sox organization. You may be wondering why my last name sounds so familiar, that is because if you are a Sox fan you have probably heard of my older brother John Danks who just spent his second full season in the big leagues for the sox. I like to believe that I've been with the Sox longer than he has though because I was actually drafted out of high school by them in the 19th round in 2005. However, I elected to attend the University of Texas and play for Augie Garrido. After three years as a Longhorn I was lucky enough to play in the same organization as my brother. I signed in late August and was immediately shipped out to Kannapolis North Carolina to play for the Intimidators (class low-A) for the remaining 12 games of their season. When the season ended I had about two weeks off before attending the instructional league right here in Arizona. After spending a month in Arizona I was only home a week before discovering I would be returning for another month. Truth be told I was bummed at first because I had just gotten back home. Once I realized what a terrific opportunity this was though I became ecstatic. I have enjoyed my time here so far and met a lot of great guys. We have unbelievable team chemistry. It is really fun being able to play with guys from different organizations and especially with those you read about every time a new Baseball America is published. Also it is really cool to be wearing the official uniform of the Chicago White Sox. hopefully after the saguaros win the AFL, Ill get to wear it at US Cellular Field some day.

Sincerely,

Jordan Danks

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 2:19 AMPermalinkComments (0)

Report any abuse or spam

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
Ha, spectacular, he reads Soxtalk.

Hope he enjoys overreaction.

BTW, It'd be pretty f***ing awesome if we had a lineup that include Danks, Quentin, Beckham and Alexei in a couple of years. And a staff anchored by Buehrle, Danks and Floyd. That'd be swell.

My expectations are a bit higher than yours. I want Allen, Shelby, and Armstrong on the bench in two to three years.