FYI - GBeck has a blog about playing in the AFL

scenario

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
Thats badass.

That is awesome. I wonder what it would be like if a player from the Sox posted here. I remember we had one Sox prospect that used to post. He was a nice guy, but I can't remember his name right now. It will happen someday as more of the younger internet savvy players make the big leagues. I'm glad I stumbled upon this tread. It should be stickied for the Soxtalk reference alone. I'm rooting for Danks, Armstrong, and Beckham even more. I didn't realize Armstrong was with the Braves organization before. Great stuff.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
That is awesome. I wonder what it would be like if a player from the Sox posted here. I remember we had one Sox prospect that used to post.

It was Jeff Bajenaru (sp?) right? Really great guy, big sabermetrics guy too, never really caught on as a reliever in the big leagues though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
That was him. He retired last year.

man i remember there was an epic debate on bringing up Jenks or Bajenaru during the 2005 season and alot of posters were upset and felt like Bajenaru got shafted when Jenks came from AA....im glad the sox made the right call

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 08:04 AM)
man i remember there was an epic debate on bringing up Jenks or Bajenaru during the 2005 season and alot of posters were upset and felt like Bajenaru got shafted when Jenks came from AA....im glad the sox made the right call

I was one of those idiots! :lol: I guess there is a reason that Kenny makes the big bucks ;)