Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
Bobby Frasor > *

He should've went to Illinois where he would get PT though. He basically screwed up going to UNC like Sean Dockery did going to Duke and to some extent, Jon Scheyer.

Well he totally blew out his knee last year (the worst of a series of injuries) and he is not the same guy at all so far. He was getting playing time as a backup and doing a soild if not spectacular job until the injury last year. He is still getting PT now, but he has been awful to this point and his PT is diminishing. I think his decision out of high school was that he would rather be a role playing backup for UNC then a starter for Illinois (very reasonable to me). The terrible injuries could have happened anywhere.

Scheyer is being featured at a top level national contender. I can't see how that was a mistake. Dockery got plenty of time he just was not up to the task, so maybe if you think he would have flourished in the big 10 opposed to what he showed in the ACC then it might have been a mistake.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 01:04 PM)
He didn't really have the chance to go to Illinois.

Correct, and I'll never understand how he got UNC to offer him a scholarship either. He wasn't an overwhelming player in high school at all.

I think the ACC/Big 10 being as close as it was says more about the ACC than the Big 10. Sure teams like Northwestern and Michigan showed the Big 10 has more depth, but it's still a weak league in terms of it's top teams, and your league is only as good as it's best teams IMO. The ACC is pretty down this year overall, although it's top team is amazing and a few teams after that are pretty good.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
Correct, and I'll never understand how he got UNC to offer him a scholarship either. He wasn't an overwhelming player in high school at all.

I think the ACC/Big 10 being as close as it was says more about the ACC than the Big 10. Sure teams like Northwestern and Michigan showed the Big 10 has more depth, but it's still a weak league in terms of it's top teams, and your league is only as good as it's best teams IMO. The ACC is pretty down this year overall, although it's top team is amazing and a few teams after that are pretty good.

Agree. Michigan State/Duke would have been a great match-up. Wouldn't really have mattered who played UNC this year. Normally I would like to talk about UNC favorably in these threads each year, but this year I just feel like I can sit back and enjoy. I really think Wake Forest will challenge Duke for the #2 spot in the ACC, they are very good with young talent.

QUOTE (gbuk @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 04:34 AM)
Actually no, it was signing Leonard Hamilton to an extension and thinking it'd get you somewhere. It's now reached this point and it's not too surprising.

You think the fans wanted that? Hah! It was Dave Hart's (former AD) f*** you to FSU right before he got fired.

I know there arent alot of OSU fans on here, but I thought I would post a link for this blog

http://clubtrillion.blogspot.com/

Its a blog by an OSU bench warmer by the name of Mark Titus, and he goes into some funny stuff about what it means to not play for a college team as well as life on the road. Pretty good stuff.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
I know there arent alot of OSU fans on here, but I thought I would post a link for this blog

http://clubtrillion.blogspot.com/

Its a blog by an OSU bench warmer by the name of Mark Titus, and he goes into some funny stuff about what it means to not play for a college team as well as life on the road. Pretty good stuff.

That is awesome, thanks.

Gophers were down 40-28 going into the half against Cornell today, but completely dominated the second half outscoring Cornell 43-14 to win 71-54. Big games from Ralph Sampson III and Lawrence Westbrook, while Damian Johnson was his usual ballhawking self on defense. Damian is quite possibly the best defender in the Big Ten and a huge game changer for the Gophers.

Edited by Felix