Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 19, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
If the school chose not to kick him out, I think its fine he kept him around. He tried to give the guy a chance at a good life after making a huge mistake. I don't see a problem with that. I don't condone it, but far worse things have been done by college athletes. He wasn't stealing s*** from the school, he didn't kill anyone, he wasn't dealing drugs. And you sure he become a felon? Didn't he just get probation? Either way, I think he gave Smith every opportunity to prove that he was a good guy and that he made amends for his earlier mistake. It's not Weber's fault the guy was an idiot.

Edit: ugh, some ugly english in my first attempt.

You didn't really just say this...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 19, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
lost again, oh well

It's not particularly surprising, as I've always thought this team was nowhere near as good their start, but it's still depressing nonetheless. The team is so inconsistent and can't do anything on the road, it's frustrating to watch. At least Devoe Joseph is starting to get comfortable. That plus Ralph Sampson III and Colton Iverson coming into their own will make next year fun to watch.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
ISU is getting ran over by a stream train right now....cmon Niagara, really??

C'mon, now. Don't hold that 18 point loss to 8-20 Marist against them. The Purple Eagles are BALLERS!!!!

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
Someone had to be sick.

No ISU just played like s***, and rightfully lost. They couldn't get a rebound to save their lives, and turned the ball over way to much. Yet somehow it was still a game at the end.

It also didn't help that osiris decided to have the worst game of his career. Though they did play excellent defense against him.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
C'mon, now. Don't hold that 18 point loss to 8-20 Marist against them. The Purple Eagles are BALLERS!!!!

ISU gets their "national" matchup they looking for, i mean ESPN 2 friday night and choke.

Question is who wins in a game of Marist v. Indiana St?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 19, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
If the school chose not to kick him out, I think its fine he kept him around. He tried to give the guy a chance at a good life after making a huge mistake. I don't see a problem with that. I don't condone it, but far worse things have been done by college athletes. He wasn't stealing s*** from the school, he didn't kill anyone, he wasn't dealing drugs. And you sure he become a felon? Didn't he just get probation? Either way, I think he gave Smith every opportunity to prove that he was a good guy and that he made amends for his earlier mistake. It's not Weber's fault the guy was an idiot.

Edit: ugh, some ugly english in my first attempt.

He came pretty damn close to killing Brian Carlwell, who was in the hospital for a while and in critical condition for a couple days. Not to mention the fact that Jamar never deemed such a situation worthy of dialing 911. Not kicking Jamar off the team immediately after that incident was an absolutely indefensible decision by Bruce, end of story.

Oh, and the "best" team in Illinois looked fantastic last night. Watching them and Northern Iowa, two of the three (along with Creighton) "best" teams in the Valley in their brackbusters just shows how far the league has fallen. SIU needs to get good again.

Edited by whitesoxfan101