Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
Is that due to their talent, or their competition?

Even last year in all their suckiness they were a very good defensive team. Weber teaches defense as well as any coach in the country. Maybe partially competition, but a lot is their coaching and solid team defense. They held Mizzou, a top 10 scoring team in the country, to 59 points. There is no doubt you guys are Illinois haters, but defensively they are one of the best in the country, and its hard to argue against that. Currently, they are 11th in the country, last year 19th, the year before 4th, the year before 11th. Always a top defensive team.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 01:23 PM)
Even last year in all their suckiness they were a very good defensive team. Weber teaches defense as well as any coach in the country. Maybe partially competition, but a lot is their coaching and solid team defense. They held Mizzou, a top 10 scoring team in the country, to 59 points. There is no doubt you guys are Illinois haters, but defensively they are one of the best in the country, and its hard to argue against that. Currently, they are 11th in the country, last year 19th, the year before 4th, the year before 11th. Always a top defensive team.

actually I was asking because I havent watched them much this year.

Stupid Haters....

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
You really think ISU is better than UofI this year?

I really do. ISU has two players better than any player on Illinois. Osiris would be hands down the best player on that court. I also think ISU is more athletic than Illinois. The difference in my eyes would be the size. If ISU could get decent rebounding, I think they would win in a close one between the two teams. The difference would be Osiris and Oguchi's rebounding.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
I really do. ISU has two players better than any player on Illinois. Osiris would be hands down the best player on that court. I also think ISU is more athletic than Illinois. The difference in my eyes would be the size. If ISU could get decent rebounding, I think they would win in a close one between the two teams. The difference would be Osiris and Oguchi's rebounding.

Illinois State hasn't played anybody this year so while they may be undefeated, it's a bit deceiving. Illinois' depth would give the Illini the win IMO.

Edited by maggsmaggs