Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
If anyone wants to watched a very confused basketball team, turn on espnu at 6.

Hopefully will be on espn360 since I don't have ESPNU.

This season will be easier to take if you just resign yourself to the fact we will take our lumps. Let the frosh and sophs play.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Hopefully will be on espn360 since I don't have ESPNU.

This season will be easier to take if you just resign yourself to the fact we will take our lumps. Let the frosh and sophs play.

Ya. As lost as he is right now, Booker needs to start playing more. He's a talented dude, he's just completely lost on the court at this point. I'd like to see his and Bocot's minutes go up a bit.

We'll see though, Lowery isn't the type of coach that just lets the young guys play most of the time.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
I haven't paid as close of attention as usual this year. What's up with SIU this year? What seems to be the problem? What is their record right now?

I'll save you a whole lot of reading and just say that literally everything is going wrong. We're 5-8 with no signs of improving at this point. I think everyone expected some growing pains with such a young group but we also expected for things to improve as the season went on, and so far we're just getting worse.

There is some talented guys on this team but we just can't put everything together. If a team goes on a little bit of a run, everything just seems to collapse all at once and that's pretty much happened every game this season. It's just a bad basketball team at this point.

EDIT: On a side note, your Aces are much, much improved this season.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
I freakin LOVE Tom Crean.

I refuse to believe he won't have Indiana as a Sweet 16 team in fewer than 5 years.

What are the Indiana recruits looking like in the next few years? I won't argue what Crean can do.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
Guess UNC is beatable.

Roy's "Charmin soft" recruiting strategy is frustrating. He ends up with a lot of good people and good basketball players, but none ever tough enough. The only tough player I remember him recruiting is Paul Pierce. Roy won't seem to recruit Paul Pierce, Rashad McCants types anymore.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 06:55 PM)
Roy's "Charmin soft" recruiting strategy is frustrating. He ends up with a lot of good people and good basketball players, but none ever tough enough. The only tough player I remember him recruiting is Paul Pierce. Roy won't seem to recruit Paul Pierce, Rashad McCants types anymore.

Are you telling me Illinois State would beat North Carolina? :P

Wayne Simien, Kirk Hinrich and Nick Collison say hi. There was nothing soft on those players, just hard workers.

By the way, nice win by the champs over Tenn.

I don't know how Ginyard & pycho T qualify as soft, and Alex Stephenson who transfered due to family health issues was a brute, but if you see toughness as a flaw in Roy's recruiting, okay. I think they will be just fine even after this BC lose has "exposed" their Charmin like qualities. Edited by JuiceCruz16

Also, the Minnesota student section (not sure what they call themselves) heckled me the entire game and even started a "We Want Titus" chant towards the end of the game. A big thanks goes out to Minnesota's team for reading, but definitely not for beating us senseless in the game. And a thank you goes out to the student section for supplying the first "We Want Titus" chant ever on the road. Good work.

:)