Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Badger's resurrection continues. Nice win for them over OSU (even better that it helps Illinois). And I'm glad that this year's draft is so weak that B.J. Mullens is a virtual lock to go in the top 15 (maybe top 10). He's nowhere near NBA ready. Evan Turner's draft stock is going up as well. I'll be a happy camper if after this year we won't have to worry about him anymore. He's damn good.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 14, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
And the Badger's resurrection continues. Nice win for them over OSU (even better that it helps Illinois). And I'm glad that this year's draft is so weak that B.J. Mullens is a virtual lock to go in the top 15 (maybe top 10). He's nowhere near NBA ready. Evan Turner's draft stock is going up as well. I'll be a happy camper if after this year we won't have to worry about him anymore. He's damn good.

Resurrection huh? They should have beat OSu at home, the Buckeyes have zero players with experience in Madison. Wisco is not a very good team however and if they get into the tourney, they better hope all of the games are played in Madison.

Mullens will be a bust if he goes into the NBA next year, I think he's beginning to see that. And if him and Turner leave, you still have to deal with Buford.

And I didnt get to post this before since the site was down. NW players and fans should have been ashamed of their performance against ILL. The Illini Fans brought the team back into the game and the team delivered the knockout blow. All the NW players did was make dumb decisions, timeouts, passes, and the fans just sat on their hands. Kudos to the Illini fans for that win.

Edited by RockRaines

Wisco is not a very good team however and if they get into the tourney, they better hope all of the games are played in Madison.

Well OSU isnt a very good team because they couldnt beat Wisconsin on a day when Wisconsin shot under 36%.

If your best shooter goes 1-8 from 3, you shouldnt win.

If your team shoots 4-18 from 3, you shouldnt win.

If your team shoots 55.3% you should win.

So once again if Wisconsin isnt a very good team, OSU is a horrible team. Because if Wisconsin even comes close to its averages 36% from 3, yesterdays game is a blow out.

OSU turned the ball over 19 times and were out rebounded by 10. OSU should be thankful that Bohannon's last 5 games he went 15/21 from 3, so he was due to miss a few last night.

A win is a win, some times you dont have your best stuff, but you fight and scrap to win.

(Edit)

And Turner is awesome, can only imagine how he would of looked as a 2 guard for Wisconsin.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
Resurrection huh? They should have beat OSu at home, the Buckeyes have zero players with experience in Madison. Wisco is not a very good team however and if they get into the tourney, they better hope all of the games are played in Madison.

I wasn't just talking about last night. They've won 4 in a row after it looked like there season was lost. I don't think they're very talented at all. But they do play some pretty physical/nasty defense.

Mullens will be a bust if he goes into the NBA next year, I think he's beginning to see that. And if him and Turner leave, you still have to deal with Buford.

I'd rather deal with Buford than have to deal with Mullens/Turner/Buford.

And I didnt get to post this before since the site was down. NW players and fans should have been ashamed of their performance against ILL. The Illini Fans brought the team back into the game and the team delivered the knockout blow. All the NW players did was make dumb decisions, timeouts, passes, and the fans just sat on their hands. Kudos to the Illini fans for that win.

Um, I don't think NW fans are the reason they choked. They had no answer for our press.

The IU-Illinois game was fun.

Couple of notes:

How hard is it to box out? Come on guys. I can't count the amount of times Davis or Tisdale flew in for the put back.

I like Davis as a player; I haven't watched Illinois too much, but he seems like a pretty athletic (if slightly undersized) big, who can move around the rim.

Calvin Brock's putback dunk was nasty. Too bad he ruined it with the technical.

Daniel Moore played all out; I was really impressed. There was a great scene where in the middle of the 2nd half run, Moore and Crean embraced in the huddle.

Whoever the fan was that yelled out "Weber eat s*** and die" is stupid. I don't really mind the Weber Sucks and Sit Down Weber chants, those come with the territory I feel, but that one was over the line. And why were people still doing Eric Gordon chants? I refused to join in.

It hurt not having Dumes, you could tell. However, the Hoosiers are definitely looking better than they did earlier in the year.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
The IU-Illinois game was fun.

Couple of notes:

How hard is it to box out? Come on guys. I can't count the amount of times Davis or Tisdale flew in for the put back.

I like Davis as a player; I haven't watched Illinois too much, but he seems like a pretty athletic (if slightly undersized) big, who can move around the rim.

Calvin Brock's putback dunk was nasty. Too bad he ruined it with the technical.

Daniel Moore played all out; I was really impressed. There was a great scene where in the middle of the 2nd half run, Moore and Crean embraced in the huddle.

Whoever the fan was that yelled out "Weber eat s*** and die" is stupid. I don't really mind the Weber Sucks and Sit Down Weber chants, those come with the territory I feel, but that one was over the line. And why were people still doing Eric Gordon chants? I refused to join in.

It hurt not having Dumes, you could tell. However, the Hoosiers are definitely looking better than they did earlier in the year.

Brock shouldn't have been T'd up on that play. That was a bad call, even Greg Anthony was saying refs made a mistake on that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Brock shouldn't have been T'd up on that play. That was a bad call, even Greg Anthony was saying refs made a mistake on that.

Debatable. There was some jawing go on, and I honestly could not tell if he was celebrating or taunting. It was also hard to see what was going on with him and Pritchard near the end of the game in that loose ball.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
Debatable. There was some jawing go on, and I honestly could not tell if he was celebrating or taunting. It was also hard to see what was going on with him and Pritchard near the end of the game in that loose ball.

Seemed like a pretty wimpy T, and the announcer agreed. I rewound it, and he was celebrating the jam when he bumped the other guy. I admit that I'm biased, though.