Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

I find it interesting that Bill Self and Bruce Weber are both legitimate national coach of the year candidates right now (although my vote would go to Mike Anderson at Mizzou right now due to Dino Gaudio and Wake Forest's struggles recently, with Brad Stevens at Butler and Trent Johnson at LSU also in the discussion.)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
Michigan State at #9 is a bigger joke than Missouri at #8. However, Memphis at #4 is a borderline travestyshamockery. That is inexcuseable on the voters part.

The polls this season have become more irrelevant as the season goes on. They have NO idea who should be ranked where. Its a total crapshoot this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
UCONN drops 1 spot, MSU shouldn't be in the top 10, and Duke only moves up 2 spots with a home offensive explosion against a tough team in Wake + a win at MSG against SJU.

All those are mistakes.

Why should UCONN have dropped more? UNC and OU both lost. Unless you think Memphis should be #2 and UCONN #3 I don't know how you'd change that. And if MSU is not in the top 10 who should be there instead? No one in the 11-15 range really deserves it either IMO. And about Duke, why should they move up more than that? They got BLOWN OUT by Clemson earlier this year and dropped 2 spots. Outside of UCLA, there hasnt been a team consistently over-ranked all year more than Duke.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

I assumed Memphis had a solid non-conference slate to back up the top 5 ranking considering how horrible C-USA is, but turns out they have only beaten one tourney lock, and one team on the bubble...and one of their 3 losses was to G-Town, who looks like they have little to no chance to make the tourney..

Wins: @ Gonzaga, Cincinnati

Losses: @ Xavier, @ Georgetown, Syracuse...