Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
Ref takes the game out of URI's hands. All ball.

Duke up 1 with 10.1 left. URI ball.

How does Duke seemingly never not get a call?

I dont know much about URI or the A-10 but i dont think URI was terrible last year. Either way, no excuse for Duke to have played like that. That being said, it was awesome to see them struggle and it baffles how once again they are so grossly overrated to start a season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 12:42 AM)
The Gophers fell apart in the second half against Georgia State today, but still ended up winning. 3-0 to start the season, although it'd be really nice to see some consistent offense out of these guys.

First ever mention of Georgia State in this thread? WOO-HOO!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
How does Duke seemingly never not get a call?

I dont know much about URI or the A-10 but i dont think URI was terrible last year. Either way, no excuse for Duke to have played like that. That being said, it was awesome to see them struggle and it baffles how once again they are so grossly overrated to start a season

I would have liked to see the dookies go down, but they managed to steal one down the stretch, after being outplayed for most of the game. It is good to get the college hoops blood boiling again :headbang The next few days will be fun with the hoops marathon culmanating with my Heels taking on the 0-1 Wildcats. I can't wait.

Midnight ESPN/ESPN360.com UMass vs. Memphis

2 a.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Fresno State vs. Saint Mary's

4 a.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Idaho State vs. Hawaii

6 a.m. ESPN SportsCenter Special: College Hoops Tip-Off

10 a.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Penn vs. Drexel

Noon ESPN/ESPN360.com Iowa vs. Kansas (women)

2 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Liberty vs. UNC-Asheville

4 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Centenary vs. Baylor

6 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com CBE Classic: Richmond vs. Syracuse

7 p.m. ESPNU NIT Regional Final (from Purdue)

7:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN360.com NIT Regional Final (from Boston College)

8 p.m. ESPN College GameDay (from Chapel Hill)

9 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Kentucky vs. North Carolina

9 p.m. ESPNU CBE Classic: Florida Gulf Coast vs. Kansas

9:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN360.com NIT Regional Final (from Oklahoma)

11:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN360.com NIT Regional Final (from Arizona)

Some great(UAB/Arizona, Oklahoma/Davidson, UMASS/Memphis), interesting(UK/UNC), and decent(Purdue/Georgia, SJU/BC, Richmond/'Cuse, Penn/Drexel, SM/FS) games in there. Should be awesome.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
Midnight ESPN/ESPN360.com UMass vs. Memphis

2 a.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Fresno State vs. Saint Mary's

4 a.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Idaho State vs. Hawaii

6 a.m. ESPN SportsCenter Special: College Hoops Tip-Off

10 a.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Penn vs. Drexel

Noon ESPN/ESPN360.com Iowa vs. Kansas (women)

2 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Liberty vs. UNC-Asheville

4 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Centenary vs. Baylor

6 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com CBE Classic: Richmond vs. Syracuse

7 p.m. ESPNU NIT Regional Final (from Purdue)

7:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN360.com NIT Regional Final (from Boston College)

8 p.m. ESPN College GameDay (from Chapel Hill)

9 p.m. ESPN/ESPN360.com Kentucky vs. North Carolina

9 p.m. ESPNU CBE Classic: Florida Gulf Coast vs. Kansas

9:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN360.com NIT Regional Final (from Oklahoma)

11:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN360.com NIT Regional Final (from Arizona)

Some great(UAB/Arizona, Oklahoma/Davidson, UMASS/Memphis), interesting(UK/UNC), and decent(Purdue/Georgia, SJU/BC, Richmond/'Cuse, Penn/Drexel, SM/FS) games in there. Should be awesome.

This is my favorite thing ESPN's done in a long, long time. Kudos to them for once.

ISU started off the season in good form. An 8 point win over a tough Wright State squad. Osiris leads all scorers. Chamberlein Oguchi in his first game for the Redbirds puts up a double double. ISU looks as if they can get back to where they were last season.

I went to see DePaul play against albany on campus. DePaul won 75-64. Dar had a 360 dunk.

Oh yeah, Gene Honda went out front for a smoke immediately after the game. Can't be good for the vocal chords...

And it was nice to see Wayne Blackshear there...

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:01 AM)
I went to see DePaul play against albany on campus. DePaul won 75-64. Dar had a 360 dunk.

Oh yeah, Gene Honda went out front for a smoke immediately after the game. Can't be good for the vocal chords...

And it was nice to see Wayne Blackshear there...

Yeah, I was aware he smoked. I always thought it was a little amusing.

Look out for E'twaun "schmooge" Moore this year. He may be a 20 plus scorer. I am biased about him but look out, and if the Boilers get some play on the blocks they can be a scary team. J. Johnson has come along a bit, but he is still thin as a rail. A team that bangs the boards may be a tough matchup for Purdue. Moore will exlode this year though!!!!!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
Kemba Walker looks like the real deal. I know it was only Hartford but he made some plays last night and damn is he quick on the transition and driving to the basket

He's a good guy too. I managed to see the last 5 minutes of the opener in person, where they only had Kemba playing scrap minutes as well as the Hartford game on TV, but he really does have a great drive and some tremors leaping skills. The team has tremendous depth, and hasn’t suffered at all from Kemba’s former roommate and teammate Nate Miles being thrown out of the school. The team’s going to be very good this year, and for the foreseeable future.

So after watching nearly every game that's been on tv since the season started, Oklahoma has impressed me the most. Blake Griffin is one of the best collegiate big men this decade, as I've never seen a better rebounder during my college basketball watching lifetime (roughly 20 years now). Of course, watch Davidson beat them tonight. I was stunned at how bad UCLA looked last weekend, and the SEC is already off to a terrible start.

NIU won 86-79 in our home opener this evening against Indiana State. We're a lot better than last years 6 win outfit, and we appear to have an absolute stud in Jake Anderson and a baby Ben Gordon in Mike DiNunno. Both had 27 points tonight, and Bryan Hall had a nice game running the point, and our bigs like Sean Kowal, Ante Dzepina, and Najul Ervin helped out. I still think next year is our year to be good considering we only have one senior (a reserve forward) and Xavier Silas and Tony Nixon will arrive on the scene, but at least we're going to be decent and fun to watch this year it looks like.

Edited by whitesoxfan101