Is anyone familiar with Atlanta?

Chi Town Sox

I actually just got back from Atlanta on Monday. I went up to Helen Georgia over the weekend for an Octoberfest and that was a ton of fun. It's about an hour and 20 minute drive and is a german town. There is an awesome fried chicken place in Roswold called Greenwood's (my friends from Atlanta say its the best fried chicken around and it was pretty delicious). Went out to the bars two nights and we went to this one area but I don't remember what the hell it was called (it was in downtown).

Buckhead also has a solid set of bars but I didn't go there this time (I was in Atlanta one other time for a wedding and we went there and it was pretty badass).

Note: I won't speak of the Bears f***up I saw in person.

I've been here (Atlanta) for just over 3 years. Like any big city, there is a ton of stuff to do. Buckhead is ok, but I prefer Midtown and the Virginia Highlands for bars and pubs. Buckhead is probably better for clubs (dance and strip). Places that I really like are the Vortex (one in Midtown, one at Little Five Points) for great burgers and a good beer selection, the SweetWater Brewery for a fun tour and some good local brews, Blind Willy's in the Highlands for blues, and the Fado in Buckhead (brand new building with a great rooftop deck). If you want more specific advice, either post some of your interests or PM me.

I got hammered in Buckhead once and I have vague memories of pissing in a White Hen/7-11 parking lot - no, not behind a car or against a wall, but like right there in the open, the funny thing is that people could see me but nobody seemed to care. Evidently I wasn't the first one to do that. Then like 10 minutes later I laid down next to the curb and took a short nap b/c my friends were taking too long. I only woke up cuz a cop asked me what the hell I was doing there.