Did Junior have knee surgery?

klaus kinski

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
id take him back just not for what hes asking, i think the kid still has a .270 20 70 year in him next year and ill take that if theres a way he doesnt play CF whether it be trading Dye, thome or kong.

Out of those 4 players, Griffey is the one I want back the least.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 03:03 AM)
Out of those 4 players, Griffey is the one I want back the least.

He would be my 4th choice out of four also. I think Konerko and Dye are still big hitters and Thome sure has the power left and gets a lot of walks. Griffey's skills have diminished. He is more a leader, but so are the other fellows.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
Griffey Jr was a great player and now sucks and I know he gave it his all while with the Sox, but I would really be surprised if he is back next year with us at least not if he is asking for $16M give or take $10M

Fixed.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
No way do I want Griffey back. He looked awful last year and he'll only be worse next year. He hasn't been good for about 5 years. I wouldn't want him if he played for free. I'd rather have Dewayne Wise.

5 years? Until this year, he's been pretty damn solid, hell he was an All-Star in 2007. Whether or not he should've been on the team is another debate, but he's been a productive hitter until very very recently.

Well the lack of power makes a lot more sense now, as does the lack of mobility and explosiveness. If the guy had a bum left knee he wasn't getting the initial explotion towards the ball in his swing. That alone is worth a lot of distance in a guy whose swing starts heavily in his legs.