Maggs' Venezuelan encounter

Soxplosion

I was reading about how Richard Hidalgo got shot a few days ago and the article also mentioned how Maggs narrowly escaped some thieves two weeks ago in some town like 200 miles from Caracas. Heres the link:

http://www.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/1123/1465345.html

It only briefly mentions Maggs. Does anyone else have a complete article on this?

I don't have a complete article. All I know is these players have to be questioning going back home during the offseason if their life is going to be in danger.

A friend of mines grandpa was in Columbia and he was robbed and had a heart attack and died right their on the spot. Its sad what happens in some countries.

There was another little blip of it on a Yahoo! article I read too....that's about it though. Said he narrowly avoided a confrontation.

Scared the s*** out of me to see Chicago White Sox in that story after just glancing over it, and then seeing the name Magglio Ordonez....that's the kind of s*** that can get you killed. I hope Magglio realizes that now too.

Guest hotsoxchick1

why maggs would want to go back there in the offseason is beyond me.. (other than to escape the winter cold)... he has a big beautiful house right here in the burbs..... i know i wouldnt want to leave it.........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

why maggs would want to go back there in the offseason is beyond me.. (other than to escape the winter cold)... he has a big beautiful house right here in the burbs..... i know i wouldnt want to leave it.........

Now if you were in there, I wonder why you wouldn't want to leave.....:D

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I don't have a complete article.  All I know is these players have to be questioning going back home during the offseason if their life is going to be in danger.

A friend of mines grandpa was in Columbia and he was robbed and had a heart attack and died right their on the spot.  Its sad what happens in some countries.

Is this what ShamME Soso has been trying to tell us all along in regards to the missing $20,000? :huh

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by witesoxfan
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

Now if you were in there, I wonder why you wouldn't want to leave.....:D

well i wouldnt want to leave it as long as he was still in it....lol.....