Democratic hate and anger

EvilMonkey

I'll just post all theones I find here so they are all in one place. I'll start with this one. Assault, and against a woman as well. Good start.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/100...ex.html?showall

An assault on Lex

Tough being a despised minority in New York.

A spokeswoman for the Manhattan District Attorney confirms the authenticity of a story circulating on conservative blogs: that during a (rare, and small) McCain rally on Lexington Avenue and 51st Street in Manhattan last month, a hostile local grabbed a woman's sign, broke it and hit her in the face.

One blog posted a redacted version of the complaint, which the spokeswoman, Jennifer Kushner, said is authentic. She gave the defendant's name as Bernard Feuerman, said he'd been charged with second-degree assault, and that he's got a Jan. 23 court date.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
Are we seriously going to have a thread full of examples of fringe morons? 'cause you'll find plenty from both parties. Why not just spare us all the tit-for-tat fest this will inevitably become, and just tell us the point you are trying to make.

It was said in a different post that the right is the one with the anger problem, and I was berated when i tried to posit that the opposite was true. I figured that I would get lots of replies every time I posted one. However, if you think this will set tensions too high, feel free to delete it. I would understand.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
It was said in a different post that the right is the one with the anger problem, and I was berated when i tried to posit that the opposite was true. I figured that I would get lots of replies every time I posted one. However, if you think this will set tensions too high, feel free to delete it. I would understand.

I'm not wanting to delete it, which is why I am hoping we can get quickly to some sort of resolution. I think its a thread likely to get ugly. But maybe it won't.

I am not sure who said that "the right" had the anger problem. I myself have said that I find the current campaign for McCain, his part and the RNC and other party bits, has been noticeably more negative than that of Obama's. I think that's true, and also, with McCain down in the polls, more anger will naturally come out. But I have zero doubt there are idiots on both sides.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
oh brother.

Can I start a thread about Racist Hate Mongering Republicans?

This is stupid even by my standards.

You want to start a thread full of examples of idiot Republicans, to offset the thread full of idiot Democrats, feel free. But I think we'd all agree that's pretty useless on both counts.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
I'm not wanting to delete it, which is why I am hoping we can get quickly to some sort of resolution. I think its a thread likely to get ugly. But maybe it won't.

I am not sure who said that "the right" had the anger problem. I myself have said that I find the current campaign for McCain, his part and the RNC and other party bits, has been noticeably more negative than that of Obama's. I think that's true, and also, with McCain down in the polls, more anger will naturally come out. But I have zero doubt there are idiots on both sides.

It started when the accusations of the 'kill obama' shout that a reporter said he heard, and a few cretins at a palin rally. I was told that the right is fostering the anger and hate. i countered that the left lives off it, and was rebuked. How many stories have we heard of a conservative beating an Obama supporter with a campaign sign? How many Democratic campaign offices have been vandalized this year? (None, because if there was, they would have been front page news. And surely have been labeled a hate crime) How many cars got vandalized because they had Obama bumper stickers? Yeah, there are idiots on both sides. And the leaders on each side are sort of lax in saying anything, because they want every vote they can get.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
It started when the accusations of the 'kill obama' shout that a reporter said he heard, and a few cretins at a palin rally. I was told that the right is fostering the anger and hate. i countered that the left lives off it, and was rebuked. How many stories have we heard of a conservative beating an Obama supporter with a campaign sign? How many Democratic campaign offices have been vandalized this year? (None, because if there was, they would have been front page news. And surely have been labeled a hate crime) How many cars got vandalized because they had Obama bumper stickers? Yeah, there are idiots on both sides. And the leaders on each side are sort of lax in saying anything, because they want every vote they can get.

Agreed. Like I said, feel free. I just hope that any discussion we have on this won't result in any... um... requests for teeth being sunk into someone's hairy hind quarters.

:lolhitting

I had thisone in the Republican thread. I'll move it here.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6062106.html

Threat charges won't stick

Sugar Land woman had been arrested for confronting man over Obama decal

By ALLAN TURNER

Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Oct. 16, 2008, Fort Bend County authorities said Thursday they have dropped criminal charges against a woman who confronted a pickup driver about a bumper sticker that depicted a little boy urinating on the name "Obama."

Angry words, maybe, but no immediate threat to do serious bodily harm. That was the conclusion of the District Attorney's Office in dismissing a terroristic threat charge that grew out of the July dispute.

Chynethia Gragg was arrested after Sugar Land police said she accosted Plantation Bend resident Doug McKain, who had the anti-Obama sticker on his truck.

District Attorney John Healey said the misdemeanor charge against Gragg has been dropped. In court documents, McKain said Gragg confronted him, pledging she would "get someone to take care of him later" if he didn't remove the sticker.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
Agreed. Like I said, feel free. I just hope that any discussion we have on this won't result in any... um... requests for teeth being sunk into someone's hairy hind quarters.

:lolhitting

I promise not to hurl verbal epitaths at any person who shall post in this thread, regardless of what is deposited here.

FYI, I never said my hind quarters were hairy. Have you been stalking me or something? Hmmm.

Edited by Alpha Dog

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_updat...ty_of_boos.html

Several Republican attendees complained of the protesters' vulgarity, especially in light of recent criticism of the behavior of people at McCain-Palin rallies.

Outside on Broad Street, waiting for Palin to leave, one man was heard saying: "Let's stone her, old school."

Another protester shouted at someone entering the hotel, "Wait till your daughter wants an abortion, you hypocrite."

Classy stuff, but common.

Here are more that i had posted in the republican thread.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/12/crush...by-insane-rage/

Has links to a few crappy entertainers threatening palin, a lovely webiste with artwork of Palin getting punched by a guy, 'Abort Sarah Palin bumper stickers and some photoshop creations from a DU contest that bring tastelessness to new levels. (Is tastelessness a new word or did I just do a George Bush and make somethingup?) Also has photos from Jill greenberg, the b**** photographer that took pictures of McCain for a magazine,and then purposly made him look bad, evil and all sorts of other stuff. Also has photos of the many slaps at GW with the 'kill Bush' shirts, stamps, etc. The link also contains a lot of older stuff.

Might as wel post the fake 'kill him' story, just so they are all in one place.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingne...unfounded_.html

The only line you need to know from the story is "He said the agency (the Secret Service) conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton (the reporter who reported it). "

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
oh brother.

This is stupid even by my standards.

Um, you have pretty much been doing that for weeks now. Its called the Democratic thread. I'll be honest when I say that I feel that this thread exists pretty much because of those kind of posts. It's a lashing back at all of the ridiculous anti-McCain and GOP stuff that has been going up non-stop. I really am shocked that you of all people would be speaking out against it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
Um, you have pretty much been doing that for weeks now. Its called the Democratic thread. I'll be honest when I say that I feel that this thread exists pretty much because of those kind of posts. It's a lashing back at all of the ridiculous anti-McCain and GOP stuff that has been going up non-stop. I really am shocked that you of all people would be speaking out against it.

i haven't even seen a pro-Obama post in months. it's all attacks on McCain and Palin.

The republican thread is so pro-mccain all the time. They never mention obama or the democrats. And if they do, it's the truth. And also, this has only happened at two rallies. And the whole point is just that republicans are angrier and meaner than democrats. It has nothing to do with worry of the kind of campaign McCain is running. That absolutely is not the point being made.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)

That.

This thread is for cry-baby McCain backers who know they've lost. Enjoy.

Edited by Steve9347