Democratic hate and anger

EvilMonkey

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
Whatever, I am done. Republicans are just consumed with hate, and the poor little liberals/Democrats are just glowing with Hope and Change. Let those that do no wrong and see no evil, unless it is perpetrated by a republican, enjoy the sweetness that is Obama and this election season. Enjoy what you get.

Who in this thread said that? Who?

Even the dems in this thread have said, it's a two way street.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the Democrats have taken their message of hate to the television stations:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,441301,00.html

Ridiculousness level of Foxnews complaining about a Fox broadcast very high.

But free advertising never hurts.

So on that note have you heard?

"Heard what?"

The bird is the word.

Im surprised that episode didnt get an article written about it with all the Jesus implications.

Amazing though it may seem to some, I am going to contribute an item to this topic. See these 2 grafs from a CNN article:

Obama added that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, McCain's running mate, rejected some of the tactics when she spoke out against a flood of automated phone calls tying Obama to former radical William Ayers. The calls were reported in several battleground states.

"It's getting so bad that even Sen. McCain's running mate denounced his tactics last night," Obama said at a campaign event in Tampa, Florida. "As you know, you really have to work hard to violate Gov. Palin's standards on negative campaigning."

This is a B.S. move by Obama, IMO. Disappointing, and will only serve to amplify the negativity. Now, if he wants to rail against the dirty robo-calls, fine - I think that is a smart thing to do. You want to rail on Palin for talking about accountability when she's just been found to have violated state ethics guidelines, also fine. She's being hypocritical - call her on it.

But when your opponent extends an olive branch, you don't take it, then stomp it into the ground. This was a piss poor move by Barack.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
But when your opponent extends an olive branch...

Extends an olive branch after spending a full week telling America how he "pals around with terrorists". I'm amazed at how civil his reactions have been given the circumstances.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
Extends an olive branch after spending a full week telling America how he "pals around with terrorists". I'm amazed at how civil his reactions have been given the circumstances.

Yes. This, to me, is a key piece for a President to understand - you cannot ONLY penalize bad behavior. You also have to embrace desired behavior. This is how you move forward. In general, Obama has been decent at this. But in this case, he lost an opportunity. Probably, it was done because his leads in the polls are waning a bit, and his handlers are telling him to get a little tougher.

And tough is fine. Tough doesn't preclude you from being tough but fair.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
Yes. This, to me, is a key piece for a President to understand - you cannot ONLY penalize bad behavior. You also have to embrace desired behavior. This is how you move forward. In general, Obama has been decent at this. But in this case, he lost an opportunity. Probably, it was done because his leads in the polls are waning a bit, and his handlers are telling him to get a little tougher.

And tough is fine. Tough doesn't preclude you from being tough but fair.

you could look at it this way. BUt this is another example of dissonance in the McCain campaign of people acting and then having to qualify. In this narrative, who is in control of the McCain campaign?

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
you could look at it this way. BUt this is another example of dissonance in the McCain campaign of people acting and then having to qualify. In this narrative, who is in control of the McCain campaign?

That is a different, but also interesting, discussion.