Chris (Vernon) Carter

Marky Mark

Has anyone been following him this year? His power numbers are unbelievable. 39 HR and 104 RBIs this year. Obviously everyone is much happier with Quentin since he's producing big now, but wow, Carter may become one of the more highly touted 'spects in baseball if he can continue this. When Bureau was on here he was saying that Carter would be very comparible to Ryan Howard in 4-5 years (although Bureau also said Quentin would peak at a 20HR 75 RBI kind of guy).

Between losing DLS, Gio, Sweeney, and Carter this year it appears that the only with pretty big success was Vernon (although at a low level). Interesting, I hope he continues to produce and becomes a star hitter someday.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
He also really doesn't have a position on the field. Being in the AL helps, but still decreases his value. On top of it, he did this all in High A. I'm very curious to see what he does at AA next year.

Carter is a good prospect. You were going to have to give up something of value to get a player like Quentin. It was a fantastic trade, and I give Kenny a ton of credit.

Long - term I think he's definitely a DH. I too have no problems with the deal at all.

I'd like to target Hermida from Florida, as I think we need to get the core group of guys in our lineup to a younger age.