Esquire's 10 Worst Members of Congress

Texsox

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
I have revoked your Texas card. Please turn in your jackalope, Big Tex Burger and belt buckle at the border.

A couple hours ago I corrected my mistake from last time. Go Rick!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
yeah no.

it takes a special kind of congressman to have a prostitution ring being run from their home and be a pivotal engineer in a nation wide fiscal disaster.

this is why I nominate the honorable Barney Frank as a high ranking member of such lists.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 09:32 AM)
Michele Bachmann = Joseph McCarthy

After Bachmann's comments, her opponent, Mr. Tinklenburg, got an absolute tidal wave of donations, totaling $1.3M since Friday, and still pouring in. They are getting so much money, they can't keep up. A race that looked like a GOP lock is suddenly in play for the Dems.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
After Bachmann's comments, her opponent, Mr. Tinklenburg, got an absolute tidal wave of donations, totaling $1.3M since Friday, and still pouring in. They are getting so much money, they can't keep up. A race that looked like a GOP lock is suddenly in play for the Dems.

And the NRCC has stopped funding her.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
The two congressmen under indictment never cracked the top five. How sad is that?

Neither is the guy who took down a bank...

They seem to have placed more importance on going against your party than things like illegal activities and job preformance.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)

She gave a half-assed apology. She sounded almost like she was more sorry that Matthews asked the question than the response she gave (which was pretty undeniable, there was absolutely no doubting what she meant when she said it).

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
She gave a half-assed apology. She sounded almost like she was more sorry that Matthews asked the question than the response she gave (which was pretty undeniable, there was absolutely no doubting what she meant when she said it).

Yeah I saw that, her defense is not really an apology - she blames Matthews and the internets for misinterpereting her.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
Yeah I saw that, her defense is not really an apology - she blames Matthews and the internets for misinterpereting her.

Yeah, I honestly can't think of any other way of interpreting what she said. He asked in so many words "do you think Barack Obama is anti-American?" Then she said "absolutely" and THEN went on to call for an investigation by the media of "anti-American" activity within Congress. Umm... yeah. How else is that supposed to be interpreted?