What movies have actually made you cry?

shipps

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transformers: The movie. The cartoon version from 1986. I cried like a little b**** when Optimus Prime died. I swear to god it was like my father died. My mom had to comfort me and remind me it was just a cartoon. I wasn't having any of that s***. I locked myself in the room for atleast two weeks. I wanted Megatron's ass gutted.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Another one that got me close is "Everything is Illuminated", at the end when the grandfather takes his own life due to guilt

Yeah that one got me too and it was unexpected because I didnt expect much from the movie when I started watching it.

Sammy Davis J.R. J.R. :)

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 07:38 AM)
Yeah that one got me too and it was unexpected because I didnt expect much from the movie when I started watching it.

Sammy Davis J.R. J.R. :)

I was the same way, but the movie really sucked me in. I like the "You dont eat meat? Not even sausage?" exchanges that they had throughout the movie

Rudy of course when he gets the sack.

World Trade Center when they pull Nick Cage out of the rubble. The faces they show in shadows really makes you think about even though with all the bad that happened in the events, there were some really good people out there who risked their lives to pull out the 20 survivors they found in the heaps of metal and concrete. For day, weeks and months people in this country stopped thinking about themselves and really started to give back to the 2800+ who were hurt by this awful tragedy.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
That guy was just irresponsible. I have 11 year old Boy Scouts with more common sense and outdoor skills to survive that experience.

I am glad you say that, because some people make that kid out to be some sort of great idealist, when in actuality he was an irresponsible idiot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
After 15 minutes I was rooting for the Ocean.

True story: I was like 15 or 16 when that came out, so I went with all my little friends. I thought it was just awful. So overwrought and just annoying. I kept sighing and making comments--I had some bruises from my friends by the end. That almost made me cry.

Anyway, movies that made me cry (I admit I am a movie crybaby, I rarely cry other times, but whatever. Don't you judge me!):

Wall-E

Life is Beautiful (for about 3 weeks afterward too)

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

It's a Wonderful Life

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Harvey

Vertigo (when he loses her the 2nd time)

The Pride of the Yankees

Sense and Sensibility

Field of Dreams

Forrest Gump

The Lives of Others

Iris (I think that's what it is called, the Iris Murdoch biography)

Good Will Hunting

Whale Rider

Love Actually

Pan's Labyrinth

La Orfeanato (spelling?)

Finding Neverland

To Kill a Mockingbird

Casablanca

Philadelphia

An Affair to Remember

On the Waterfront

Any movie involving a dog dying

Cool Hand Luke

Mystic River (again, for weeks)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Oh I have, but still doesnt make me sad.

In and of itself seeing him get shot is no big deal, but it's the "RICKYYYYYY NOOOOO!" scream right after and all of that in the context of what was happening in the movie. Ricky had just qualified for his scholarship at USC and wasn't dirty like some of the other characters and up until that point it looked like he was going to succeed. If he was just another gang member it wouldn't have had the same effect. In fact the plot probably wouldn't have even worked.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
There was a scene in that Keanu Reeves baseball movie where a little kid gets shot, very sad scene. I definitely lost it there

That was a really predictable scene. In fact a few minutes before that scene I was thinking "one of these kids is gonna get shot in a random act of violence, it's about due to happen any minute now"