What movies have actually made you cry?

shipps

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
:lol:

I watched that with my brother in the theater. We drove separately and both cried like kids on the way home. good times.

Thats funny. I saw it on an airplane coming home from Vegas, i had a friend with me and immediately after we looked at each other and thought, theres two hours of our lives we will never get back.

Seriously, nobody...My Girl?

Thomas J cant see without his glasses

The first time I watched Titanic I cried a little. I was pretty young. Later on, the only other movie that made me cry was Hardball when

G-Baby got shot.

Those are the only 2 times I have ever really cried. Shawshank Redemption and Remember The Titans definitely make me emotional though.

I sometimes really feel for it, but it's rare that I'd actually cry. However, I do remember when I was young walking into the room and there was a movie with an albino kid in it (so I'm assuming it's Powder, but I don't know for sure), and I cried while watching part of that.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
That was a really predictable scene. In fact a few minutes before that scene I was thinking "one of these kids is gonna get shot in a random act of violence, it's about due to happen any minute now"

True, the scene was very predictable. It was the followthrough that got me. The silent scene where the camera pans on the kid and he is just staring with his eyes open.

And SF1 named the movie for me, it was Hardball.

I actually cried during an episode of Baywatch... it was about a kid who had a father who was a dwarf and he was embarrassed of him. The kid told everyone his father was a professional athlete or something, and when his dwarf-father showed up... he told him he was embarrassed that he was his dad.

You had to be there...

If anyone has seen the movie Without Limits (about runner Steve Prefontaine), the end gets me every time I watch the movie.

He dies in a car accident during the prime of his career, in which he was on the verge of breaking some distance running records.

Just a great movie if you enjoy running.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
Ah, mostly due to Paul Newman. That scene where Hanks shoots him is very good.

The end of Tombstone is pretty close, too, with Doc laying in the bed.

That scene and the scene towards the end with Jude, Tom and his son.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
Oh yeah great movie. Didn't cry during it, but that is just one fantastic movie.

If you guys like to read, def check out the book, its one of those types thats 100x better than the movie thats already great.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
If anyone has seen the movie Without Limits (about runner Steve Prefontaine), the end gets me every time I watch the movie.

He dies in a car accident during the prime of his career, in which he was on the verge of breaking some distance running records.

Just a great movie if you enjoy running.

one of my favorite quotes of all time comes from that movie

girl: Do you believe in God?

Prefontaine: I believe in myself.

I don't subscribe to it, but I just love that quote so damn much.

The funeral at the end is what really gets me though.

Just outstanding.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
one of my favorite quotes of all time comes from that movie

girl: Do you believe in God?

Prefontaine: I believe in myself.

I don't subscribe to it, but I just love that quote so damn much.

The funeral at the end is what really gets me though.

Just outstanding.

Some of other great Pre quotes:

"I'm going to work so that it's a pure guts race at the end, and if it is, I am the only one who can win it."

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more."

Such a stud who by runner standards did not have the physical gifts of a great distance runner. But no one was more dedicated to the sport and no one hated losing more. When he practiced, he gave a 100% every time, no practice was considered an off-day for him. Man he really inspires me to run. Without Limits is just a amazingly inspirational running movie. Every time I watch it, I want to go run a 5k or something.

Edited by maggsmaggs