Rod Blagojevich

StrangeSox

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
The truth is that the current Daley couldnt hold a candle to the level of corruption Richie J had. The guy was able to swing an entire Presidential election in 1960, determine the nominee in 1968.

I find it amazing that so many of Daley's top aides have been taken down, but they have never been able to connect him to anything. To me, that tells me what the level of corruption is still like in Chicago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
I find it amazing that so many of Daley's top aides have been taken down, but they have never been able to connect him to anything. To me, that tells me what the level of corruption is still like in Chicago.

Richie J was the same way.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 08:23 AM)
I dislike the job Blago has done. Wouldn't that be something if the Daley brothers ran the state though?

Sets of brothers I would rather have running Illinois instead of the Daleys:

The Hanson Brothers

The Smothers Brothers

The Osmond Brothers

The Hudson Brothers

The Valiant Brothers (I'd prefer Handsome Jimmy and Luscious Johnny, but will accept Gentleman Jerry)

The Coen Brothers

The Wayans Brothers

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)

The Coen Brothers

I would move back to Illinois immediately if this happened.

But in a serious note, wasn't one of the Smothers Brothers actually really politically involved or it affected his career or something?

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
Richie J was the same way.

Trust me, I am not taking anything away from his pop. The thing that grinds my gears about this is that Richie is a known micromanager. He knows everything that goes on in that city. But as soon as an aide gets busted, he doesn't know him anymore, and no one questions him, outside of maybe John Kass. You can't tell me that this Daley is less corrupt than Blago, Ryan, or Thompson, and they are either convicted, or about to be tried.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
Everybody knows that, however 90% of people wont acknowledge the significance that has in the current election. They seem to think that Obama got his feet wet in Chicago politics without corruption.

That is what is so funny about the Dems saying CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE. But they only mean at the Federal level. Chicago is broke, Cook County is broke, and Illinois is broke. The states' problems can be attributed in part to the Repubs, but the other two solely Dems. Public employee unions are killing govt's on all levels and nobody(DEM) seems to care. Next bailout will be for Calpers and the like.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)

The Hanson Brothers

The Smothers Brothers

The Osmond Brothers

The Hudson Brothers

The Valiant Brothers (I'd prefer Handsome Jimmy and Luscious Johnny, but will accept Gentleman Jerry)

The Coen Brothers

The Wayans Brothers

Do you live in Chicago? The city wouldnt be half as good as it is without the Daley's. Alot of the resurgence of residential development and cleaning up of bad areas of the city is also a great thing Daley has been a part of. I wouldnt want anyone else in charge of the city thats for sure. As far as Illinois, the state needs someone who A. Will actually live in Springfield, and B. Actually knows there is more to the state than just Chicago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
Do you live in Chicago? The city wouldnt be half as good as it is without the Daley's. Alot of the resurgence of residential development and cleaning up of bad areas of the city is also a great thing Daley has been a part of. I wouldnt want anyone else in charge of the city thats for sure. As far as Illinois, the state needs someone who A. Will actually live in Springfield, and B. Actually knows there is more to the state than just Chicago.

By living in Springfield do you mean anywhere other than Chicago / Cook County, or do you mean exactly Springfield?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
By living in Springfield do you mean anywhere other than Chicago / Cook County, or do you mean exactly Springfield?

I think he means someone who resides in the governor's mansion, not commuting back and forth every week.

Or, he means someone who is actually from somewhere downstate (not Chicago metro).

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)

I meant live in the Mansion that the tax payers pay for.

People in Springfield HATE Blago. People who work for the state, state police, etc I have all worked with, HATE Blago. He uses state money to commute back and forth in a helicopter because he doesnt want to live in the mansion. They, and alot of people located all over the state view him as a money spending city boy who thinks Chicago is the only thing in Ill.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
Office, not residence, necessarily.

Well you learn something new all the time. I always assumed he lived around Chicago and only stayed at the mansion when they were in session. It seemed like Chicago was a better base to get things done. Springfield is a s***ty little commuter flight away. Of course Texas has the best set up, the State offices are in the best city anywhere. :usa