sox4lifeinPA

Prez Results Poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How do you see this going down?

• Obama Landslide 55/45%
    • Obama Squeaker 50/49%
    • McCain Squeaker 50/49%
    • McCain Landslide 55/45%

After watching 30 years of elections, there are always surprises. Last minute changes of heart. It looks pretty good for Obama, no doubt about it, but I would not stop campaigning and advertising if I was Obama and stay home preparing victory speeches based on the last polls.

I say McCain betters the polls and it may be enough to win. I see a late surge towards McCain. Those that believe the current polls are 100% correct, stay home. Your work is done. :lol:

But just as we've seen changes in polling numbers from week to week, the biggest poll of all, with 100% of the likely voters, has started and will be running until November 4th. I believe that poll is important.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Obama wins a squeaker, and John McCain spends the rest of his life regretting the Sarah Palin pick that cost him the presidency.

95% of negative feelings about Sarah Palin are tied to the guilt for having masturbated over a 40+ year old woman.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 25, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
After watching 30 years of elections, there are always surprises. Last minute changes of heart. It looks pretty good for Obama, no doubt about it, but I would not stop campaigning and advertising if I was Obama and stay home preparing victory speeches based on the last polls.

I say McCain betters the polls and it may be enough to win. I see a late surge towards McCain. Those that believe the current polls are 100% correct, stay home. Your work is done. :lol:

But just as we've seen changes in polling numbers from week to week, the biggest poll of all, with 100% of the likely voters, has started and will be running until November 4th. I believe that poll is important.

Ask me one day to the next who I would vote for it'll change. Last week I was sold on Obama, this week it's McCain. You might assume I'm a big time republican guy, but I'm not...I'm an issues guy.

If I get one of those phone calls about the election, my answer could change at any moment. Phone polls are helpful, but election day is the only thing that counts.

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 25, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)
Personally, I think the biggest issues we are facing are: need for alternative power(solar panels on every home, wind harvesting fields in the midwest, natural gas conversions for cars) and taking care of our troops coming home from Iraq(GI Bill, top notch health care facilities, long term care and mental health care)

Both candidates would be good one of those but not both. There is no candidate for me, so honestly, I don't care who wins. I'll probably vote McCain, so the carnage isn't too bad.

I'm not trying to campaign for Obama b/c this is not the appropriate thread, but I urge you to re-watch the second debate. When asked by Brokaw to prioritize these three issues: health care, energy, and entitlement programs, Obama clearly stated that energy was going to be the first priority. McCain said he would do those three simulataneously, which I don't see happening with the opposition in charge of Congress. Unless he proposes reforms on those issues further to the left than most Republicans in Congress, which I also don't see happening.

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Oct 25, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
I'm not trying to campaign for Obama b/c this is not the appropriate thread, but I urge you to re-watch the second debate. When asked by Brokaw to prioritize these three issues: health care, energy, and entitlement programs, Obama clearly stated that energy was going to be the first priority. McCain said he would do those three simulataneously, which I don't see happening with the opposition in charge of Congress. Unless he proposes reforms on those issues further to the left than most Republicans in Congress, which I also don't see happening.

I've been seriously considering Obama because of the things I think he'll do with environmental initiatives. I just don't know if I can swallow the other things that will come along with him. small picture, I'm an Obama fan. Big picture, I'd rather have McCain.

Again, that's why I've stated I don't really care who wins.

I am in the swing state of PA, however :)

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
I've been seriously considering Obama because of the things I think he'll do with environmental initiatives. I just don't know if I can swallow the other things that will come along with him. small picture, I'm an Obama fan. Big picture, I'd rather have McCain.

Again, that's why I've stated I don't really care who wins.

I am in the swing state of PA, however :)

I'm happy with either, which is a nice departure of not happy with neither.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
I'm happy with either, which is a nice departure of not happy with neither.

I agree, and so do most people I know.

Actually, I've seen a lot of people on here say something similar, especially those who've been through a number of elections.

Then there's Kap. :lolhitting

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
I agree, and so do most people I know.

Actually, I've seen a lot of people on here say something similar, especially those who've been through a number of elections.

Then there's Kap.

I really wish McCain had won the nomination in 2000 and was retiring and Obama taking over. McCain, and the country, got screwed in 2000 and we elected the guy who did the screwing.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
I really wish McCain had won the nomination in 2000 and was retiring and Obama taking over. McCain, and the country, got screwed in 2000 and we elected the guy who did the screwing.

I agree, and I'll take my responsibility for my vote for Bush in 2000. Big mistake.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
I agree, and I'll take my responsibility for my vote for Bush in 2000. Big mistake.

I give anyone a pass in 2000, what I'm still trying to figure out is how he got a second term?!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
That one you can't blame me for.

But the short answer is: 9/11 + wartime + Kerry was an awful candidate

and me too, but look at the alternatives:

1) John Kerry

2) We'd be looking for a new VP, because John Edwards would have been out because of the affair scandal

3) The Economic Crisis has little to do with Bush

4) John Kerry

oh and...

5) I can't wait to buy my first house next year for a 30-50% discount :)

Prediction:

Obama will win around 350 electoral votes, for a comfortable victory.

He will get the largest popular vote mandate for the Democrats since 1964 with somewhere around 52.3%

There is a one in three chance that a landslide will occur.

If Georgia falls, Indiana and Arizona will too, I'd wager - and that would mean we could also see our first 400 electoral vote winner since 1988.

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)

1) John Kerry

2) We'd be looking for a new VP, because John Edwards would have been out because of the affair scandal

4) John Kerry

oh and...

all i'm gonna say is that we have no clue whether or not the affair would've happened had he been VP. it's still me folks... and i still always jump to defend my boy. almost got crazy in a class the other day. haha

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)

1) John Kerry

4) John Kerry

oh and...

If Clinton didn't get taken down by lying under oath of his affair, there is zero chance Edwards would have been gone.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
I hope you're paying in cash.

my wife and I both have great credit (which I check on a quarterly basis) and having worked at a bank for nearly 10 years, I have connections. Plus, we have about 5-10% to put down, which my realtor says should be plenty for our situation. A typical 2-3 bed, 2 bath would run 175-200k in our area, with the market the way it is, we should be able to land one of those homes at 150k.

Most regional and community banks have avoided problems by simply avoiding bad customers. I know the last bank I worked at their minimum credit score to lend was 680ish. They simply don't have the number of foreclosures, repossessions, etc because their lending practices were stiff to begin with.

I understand what you're saying, though.