Chase Utley

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE (YASNY @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 10:03 AM)
Does someone need to reminded of Harold Washington and "Give 'em the finger"?

"Let's give 'em the finger", which was overheard and not spoken directly into a tv camera in the hallway of the stadium in New Orleans... and "World f***ing champs" screamed on a stage into a bank of cameras in a public place where there were many children in attendance... not so comparable, IMO. If Paul Konerko had done this I would bet high that Jerry would have cut his slow ass loose.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
"Let's give 'em the finger", which was overheard and not spoken directly into a tv camera in the hallway of the stadium in New Orleans... and "World f***ing champs" screamed on a stage into a bank of cameras in a public place where there were many children in attendance... not so comparable, IMO. If Paul Konerko had done this I would bet high that Jerry would have cut his slow ass loose.

You know deep down you love Konerko. :D

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember him yelling that from the podium at Grant Pack.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 01:53 AM)
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember him yelling that from the podium at Grant Pack.

It appears that it took place outside the Bears' locker room. From Sneed: "Washington, who reportedly screamed, "Let's give them the finger" on national TV, being refused pregame entry to the Bears locker room. Coach Mike Ditka left orders that no one could get in. No one." http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/224565,...sneed23.article

I don't think Reinsdorf (sadly, I'm not on a first name basis with him - he calls me Buffalo) would have traded/released Konerko for swearing at the rally, though.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

What if he still gave Jerry the f***in' ball?

"Jerry, I saved this f***in' thing for you, asshole. You god damned cheap Jew. Konerko rules!"

Next day: 5 years, $60 million

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 05:16 AM)

"Jerry, I saved this f***in' thing for you, asshole. You god damned cheap Jew. Konerko rules!"

I'm going to guess that PK is not a disgusting ignorant racist and wouldn't say something like this. But in the event he did, I doubt that "next day" thing would happen.

Yeah, that racist comment is less than funny or appropriate

Even in jest, do not come close to posting this type of remark again. I hope I am crystal clear.